i hit 45k miles and havn't tune up or anything

This is a discussion on i hit 45k miles and havn't tune up or anything within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; k, how necessary is the 30k mile work that needs to be done according to the manual, yesterday i went ...

i hit 45k miles and havn't tune up or anything

k, how necessary is the 30k mile work that needs to be done according to the manual, yesterday i went to take a look at my engine to see how tough it would be to change spark plugs on my own and damn, looks tough... what do you guys recommend i do, only maintenance i have done is mobil 1 synthetic oilchange every 3k miles... changed brakes.. that's about it to be honest, any help... also my gas mileage seems to be worse, only mods i have is aem short ram intake, and prodrive p1 rims... that's it.. thanks guys

Sam
    You only live once!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    As to spark plug changes, here's a good tutorial:

How to change your sparkplugs

Changing the air filter is easy enough; can't remember what else goes with the 30K change, but I don't remember any of it being daunting. Good luck.
    Last edited by RayfieldsWRX; 11-27-2006 at 01:30 PM.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I believe tranny and rear diff oils should also be changed around now... neither or wich are too difficult,

what year is your car?

It all depends on your Dealerships maintenance guide. Keep in mind the owners manual is a basic one.

I know every 30k we change
    Oil and filter
    Rotate and balance
    Coolant flush
    Trans flush
    Brake fluid flush
    New fuel filter
    New air filter
    Fuel system cleaner/service
    27 point inspection

Also at that mileage I would look at your diffs and p/s fluid. We change the plugs at 60,000 just like the STI's.
    Last edited by blackfang; 11-27-2006 at 02:38 PM.
    http://svt4u2try.com | Myspace | Photos
    97 Cobra, 98 Z/28 hardtop

hey guys, , so far what i think im going to do is change the fuel filters, coolant flush, and spark plugs... and probably change the tranny and rear def. oils.. hey ynotajb, my car is a 2005 wrx... is it hard to change the oil?
    You only live once!

Quote Originally Posted by zubaru wrx View Post
    hey guys, , so far what i think im going to do is change the fuel filters, coolant flush, and spark plugs... and probably change the tranny and rear def. oils.. hey ynotajb, my car is a 2005 wrx... is it hard to change the oil?
    its not any more difficult,, but for the tranny you will need a t70 torx to remove the drain plug,,