PLEASE HELP!! Ive exhausted all possibilites
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PLEASE HELP!! Ive exhausted all possibilites within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hi,everyone,Im new to the forum and have found ALOT of useful information,but I am at my wits end with this ...

PLEASE HELP!! Ive exhausted all possibilites

Hi,everyone,Im new to the forum and have found ALOT of useful information,but I am at my wits end with this particular issue..ABS NOT WORKING! I know there has been a lot of discussion on how the ABS system on the 02 WRX and on sucks,but I would like to get mine to function.I have a 2003 WRX with A/T.It seems I don't get communication out of the ABS module.I don't get the abs warning light on the dash,even if I pull the fuses for the abs,I get no indication on the gauge cluster.There is power at both fuse locations,there is power going to the abs solenoids at the pump,but trying to get the abs to activate is inoperative.Ive checked the grounds,Ive checked the bulb in the gauge cluster and nothing seemed to make a difference,I even unplugged an abs sensor to see if that would trigger a warning light and nothing.I did get another module from a friend of mine,his came out of an 02 with A/T and still did not make a difference,but its possible that one could be bad also.Ive tried resetting the ABS via the diagnostic harness with the terminals in 3 and 6 pinouts and I get nothing on the dash.If there is anyone out there who is good with this type of stuff,PLEASE HELP ME! I do appreciate the help in advance!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I had similar problems with my 2000 Regal and it was the ebcm. They were no longer made so what few I found were horrendously expensive - I just drove it with no abs.

Quote Originally Posted by rqjoe View Post
    I had similar problems with my 2000 Regal and it was the ebcm. They were no longer made so what few I found were horrendously expensive - I just drove it with no abs.
    I tried another abs module from a buddy of mine,but not sure if that one was faulty too....I have been driving w/o abs but for some reason I don't get the brake pedal power assist feel like I do in other cars.Ive bleed them atleast 4 times..new master cylinder,and did the brake booster test and was in working order.Are the Subaru brakes a different feel from the rest?

Water.....sometimes waves rqjoe's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Dont kow bout older subarus but I wouldn't think so. No power brakes is a different prob than no ABS. I'd have to be reading the service manuals.

Actually a SuperSpy. Take Care. SD_GR's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet55 View Post
    I tried another abs module from a buddy of mine,but not sure if that one was faulty too....
    Why not?

The other module was either known good, or useless to you as a tester.

Which was it?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Πως έγινε με τούτο τον αιώνα και γύρισε καπάκι η ζωή
    Πως το ’φεραν η μοίρα και τα χρόνια να μην ακούσεις έναν ποιητή
    Manos Eleftheriou
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.