Big Mistake

This is a discussion on Big Mistake within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I just bought a 2015 WRX. I installed a mirror mounted braket for my Val 1. Routed the wire through ...

Big Mistake

I just bought a 2015 WRX. I installed a mirror mounted braket for my Val 1. Routed the wire through roof liner down the window post to an empty port on the fuse panel. Used one of the screws that hold the Interior light for a ground. Val 1 works Ok but now my remote door lock function from the key fob and the radio do not work. Double checked all the fuses and did find one blown. It went to the Mirror compass, garage door opener. Replaced fuse and they work OK. Is their a possibility I blew a relay? Or did I fry some thing in the interior light module as the interior lights above the mirrot do not work either. Really hate to take it to the dealer an admit what a klutz I am. First post, first Subaru, first new car in 20 years years, what an intro. Sold my 82, 911 and I am loving this car. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Take Val 1 out and go to dealer.

Thanks, That looks like what I may have to do.

Don't say you installed anything.