Jacking points to lift 2 wheels at once

This is a discussion on Jacking points to lift 2 wheels at once within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; What is the best way to jack up 2 wheels at a time for changing whells quickly for autocrossing? Where ...

Jacking points to lift 2 wheels at once

What is the best way to jack up 2 wheels at a time for changing whells quickly for autocrossing? Where are the preferred jacking points?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The front one is pretty easy. This is assuming you have a floor jack, you can slide it from under the front of the car to this metal piece (not sure what its called but if you look under the car its right after the plastic skid plate) and it will jack up the front of the car. I havent jacked the rear, but I remeber reading that some people use the differential as a jack point, but im not sure if I remember that correctly.

You can use the rear diff as a jack point.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

For autox, I change one side at a time. I just use the front pinch weld. If you get the metal plate thing that looks like a C, it will fit over the pinch weld so you don't mangle it. Just use the weld as far as you can away from the front tire, but not on the plastic. That lifts the entire side of my car up front and rear at the same time. You don't have to have the C block, but it's nicer.

Quote Originally Posted by felo3769
    The front one is pretty easy. This is assuming you have a floor jack, you can slide it from under the front of the car to this metal piece (not sure what its called but if you look under the car its right after the plastic skid plate) and it will jack up the front of the car.
    Crossmember. But NOT the radiator support, I've heard of people thinking one was the other...bad things ensued.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by clemsonscooby
    For autox, I change one side at a time. I just use the front pinch weld. If you get the metal plate thing that looks like a C, it will fit over the pinch weld so you don't mangle it. Just use the weld as far as you can away from the front tire, but not on the plastic. That lifts the entire side of my car up front and rear at the same time. You don't have to have the C block, but it's nicer.
    Clemsonscooby (I'm a CU Alum ) do you have a link to where you bought the C Block for the pinch weld? Is it just a general use c block for jacks or what?

I had a little trouble with this myself the other day prepping for an AutoX. The rear diff worked fine but the front crossmember was a bit too far back for my POS jack. I'd like to use the pinch welds but didn't feel comfortable just putting the jack right onto it.

Thanks,
    BFarm

I Support ClubWRX
    Using a floor jack, you can easily lift the entire side of the car up by using the jack points on the frame at the side of the car, just behind the front wheels (weld pinch points). This works for STi, WRX, and Legacy.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Using a floor jack, you can easily lift the entire side of the car up by using the jack points on the frame at the side of the car, just behind the front wheels (weld pinch points). This works for STi, WRX, and Legacy.
    Yep, this is the way that I do it.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Bfarm
    Clemsonscooby (I'm a CU Alum ) do you have a link to where you bought the C Block for the pinch weld? Is it just a general use c block for jacks or what?

I had a little trouble with this myself the other day prepping for an AutoX. The rear diff worked fine but the front crossmember was a bit too far back for my POS jack. I'd like to use the pinch welds but didn't feel comfortable just putting the jack right onto it.

Thanks,
    BFarm
    I drive up onto some 6" long 2x4 pieces that I use for wheel chocks. That gives enough room to fit the jack under the skid plate and reach the front crossmember. I don't like raising one side at a time because the stock endlinks are POS and will bend if you're not careful. If you have aftermarket endlinks, then go ahead.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by VVVV
    I drive up onto some 6" long 2x4 pieces that I use for wheel chocks. That gives enough room to fit the jack under the skid plate and reach the front crossmember. I don't like raising one side at a time because the stock endlinks are POS and will bend if you're not careful. If you have aftermarket endlinks, then go ahead.
    Good point...watch your end links when jacking up from the side...I eyeball mine everytime!
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums