ECU code P0128 keeps coming up

This is a discussion on ECU code P0128 keeps coming up within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I think I may need help on this. I got this P0128 code the first time on my 2011 wrx ...

I think I may need help on this. I got this P0128 code the first time on my 2011 wrx sedan at 3000 miles. I had autozone reset it and it came back 300 miles later. It went away on its own after another few hundred miles, but came back shortly after.

I took it to the dealer and they flushed the radiator and the ecu was reset. The code was gone for a few thousand miles.

I took the car into the dealership again at 12000 miles with the same p0128 code. They changed out the thermostat and reset the ecu again.

I was fine until 15000 miles and the lights came on again. I decided to get a Cobb and exhaust and change the flash it to stage 1. This resolved the error code until 18000 miles. I uninstalled the Cobb stage 1 and took the car to the dealership.

They flashed the ecu with a new map that is suppose to be a fix for the p0128 code. I am now at 22500 miles and the p0128 code is back.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Check into lemon laws in your area, or continue to allow your dealership to fix it. Let them know you are looking into the lemon law and they can contact SoA of this allowing them to possibly issue an extended warranty

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I was given a lifetime warranty on the car minus normal wear items like brakes and clutch. It's annoying.