Dumb question...smart answer please?

This is a discussion on Dumb question...smart answer please? within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Driving my 08 wrx sedan around the other day and i noticed my clutch pedal makes a REALLY loud squeak ...

Dumb question...smart answer please?

Driving my 08 wrx sedan around the other day and i noticed my clutch pedal makes a REALLY loud squeak from right before it catches to like an inch after it does, it's been doing it for bout 2weeks now, and i must say it's really annoying and i just wanna know if this is indicative of a larger lubrication problem and how to make it stop. also there is no freeplay whatsoever

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Id purchase some white lithium grease if I was you. get underneath the dash and look at the pedal assembly, move it in and out and spray the lube on the contact areas

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Not a dumb question (as long as this is your first subaru haha) These cars are notorious for making a lot of noise. My 09 sedan will also squeak every once in a while...it usually goes away within a couple weeks. I don't think anyone has ever gotten a straight answer from a dealership about what it is. I think some threads have listen pretty extensive investigation and replacement under warranty as well
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

does it do it in all gears???
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

yeah, whenever i depress the pedal, and it's been getting louder, it did it awhile go and when i went in for my last free oil change it stopped, now it's back...with a vengence
    Last edited by nitefrost; 08-31-2012 at 05:56 PM.