Cabin air filter

This is a discussion on Cabin air filter within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I am planning on replacing my filter in the next few days, but not sure what brand to get.....locally I ...

I Support ClubWRX

Cabin air filter

I am planning on replacing my filter in the next few days, but not sure what brand to get.....locally I can get:

Napa Gold (made by WIX)
    STP/Kleener
    Beck/Arnley
    Purolator
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would just go with the WIX...when I replaced it in my old 05 WRX, WIX was fine.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    FWIW, I got a cheap Fram cabin air filter for like $12 on Amazon (free two day shipping since I have Prime). It's worked great. The air always smells fresh and clean, even if I'm behind a semi uphill.

For cabin air filters, I'm fine with the crappy brands like Fram since it won't hurt anything if it fails.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I think Rambo got something off Amazon for like $10-15...search there. Cheap.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah, I thought about getting one of those Fram ones, but I can't determine which one fits the 2011....the fitment guide on Amazon suggests a 2 part filter, the rest look like one larger square. And the Fram site doesn't even list one for the 2011 model year...not to mention that the 2011s are about twice what Rambo paid
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8