need help on the vacuum hose size
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on need help on the vacuum hose size within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hey guys, I guess one of my vacuum hose lines on the T bracket connecting to the wastegate solenoid valve ...

need help on the vacuum hose size

Hey guys, I guess one of my vacuum hose lines on the T bracket connecting to the wastegate solenoid valve is broken off and I was wondering if anyone knows what size is the hose? cuz I'm having trouble looking up for it and can't find any

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Later if i Have time I can measure it for you. Or you can do what I did and take the broken tube to the parts store and have them match it up.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

yeah thats what i was planning to do, just wanted to know the size so I don't have to stand there measuring it with the clerk....lol, thanks tho

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    3.5mm ID

good luck finding it at an auto parts store though. You can probably find 5/32" line which will work but if you want the exact thing you may have to order it or go to Subaru directly.
    Last edited by GarrettKoonsman; 02-06-2012 at 08:38 AM.
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

thanks, yeah I just need something for temp until I can get the real thing, these lines aren't easy to find, I looked at my line and seems like the previous owner might had a boost gauge on it but took it off and never connected it back on and left it hanging unconnected and bad part is I can't hit full boost for now

I take that back, found a whole bunch on ebay but I don't know how they will hold up...lol

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Here are some options Amazon.com: 3.5 mm silicone vacuum

Silicone will hold up well in the engine bay. Personally I ordered 10ft so I could have extra but I doubt you will ever need more than 5
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.