thermosat

This is a discussion on thermosat within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hi my car keeps over heating had replaced variously thermostats. But it still over heats. any ideas of whats wrong ...

thermosat

Hi my car keeps over heating had replaced variously thermostats. But it still over heats. any ideas of whats wrong with it? started about an yr and half ago still cant figure out whats wrong with the cooling system.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check the radiator fluid level, at the radiator, overflow, and intercooler resevior. and also check all the lines, it's probably a very slow leak so if one of the lines is bad it'll be hard to see. if there is rubber hosing under some of the lines, check it to make sure it still looks ok and not somewhat shiny or corroded in any way, if it does, it'll be the hose above it most likely. also check the gaskets on the caps make sure they're not shredded.

I had the same problem where my '04 wrx would overheat randomly, turned out it had a small leak over in the fluid hose over the turbo intake.
    2004 wrx 5-door, freshie in college, miss my car

Can you describe the behavior? Does it overheat if you just leave it idling, or do you have to be driving? City or highway driving? How many miles on the car, and has it ever had a coolant flush? How old is the water pump? Does it matter how cold or hot the weather is?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Have you burped the system?
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

im having the same on my 01 i changed the radiator as it was leaking and the thermostat it seems to get warm and fill the expantion tank and not return to the header tank and the bottom hose stays cold can any one help as im ripping my hair out with it ?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by whiskey View Post
    im having the same on my 01 i changed the radiator as it was leaking and the thermostat it seems to get warm and fill the expantion tank and not return to the header tank and the bottom hose stays cold can any one help as im ripping my hair out with it ?
    See your other thread. Burp the system.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Burp
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying