How do I remove and clean (or replace) camshaft sensor

This is a discussion on How do I remove and clean (or replace) camshaft sensor within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Keep getting this code: P0345 Camshaft Position Sensor “A” Circuit (Bank 2) How do I take care of this? Can ...

Registered User Reverand Hustle's Avatar

How do I remove and clean (or replace) camshaft sensor

Keep getting this code: P0345 Camshaft Position Sensor “A” Circuit (Bank 2)
    How do I take care of this? Can someone give me directions on how to find and remove the camshaft sensor(s) and how to clean them? Or, is this a situation where I have to replace the one or both? Pictures would be great.

I have a 2008 WRX STi.
    Last edited by Reverand Hustle; 09-14-2011 at 08:23 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The camshaft position sensor on the 2L 2002 motor is on the upper outer front edge of the cylinder head to your right as you face the car's nose. In the US this is the driver's side. Tightening torque is 6.4 Nm or 4.7 ft*lbs.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User Reverand Hustle's Avatar
    Thanks for the help. Would you happen to have a picture of that?