Windshield washer pump.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Windshield washer pump. within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hello, My new to me '08 WRX appears to have a busted windshield washer pump. The wipers and everything else ...

Windshield washer pump.

Hello,
    My new to me '08 WRX appears to have a busted windshield washer pump.
    The wipers and everything else works. I didnt see a fuse for the washers it must be on the same fuse as the wipers.
    Any of you ever replaced a washer pump?
    Do I really have to remove the bumper cover to get to it?
    Had the darn car inspected at a shop, they didnt catch the washers not working
    Brian
    First time WRX owner
    '08 WRX sedan
    North Bend WA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The procedure for removing the motor/pump assy. the step after taking the (-) battery cable off is to remove the bumper cover. It looks like its mounted in a doomass spot. May be able to get to it underneath of the car. Dont quote me on that ive never worked on an 08 just my 03 but the procedure for doing the pump does require to remove the bumper cover. Found this TSB if it is any help.

FRONT WASHER NOZZLE DOES NOT SPRAY PROPERLY

Failure of the front washer nozzle to spray properly may be caused by something blocking the nozzle outlet. Try to eliminate dust and foreign matter from front washer nozzle using the following procedure. If the washer nozzle spraying does not change after the repair, then it will be necessary to replace with a new nozzle or inspect other parts on the washer system.

1) Open the front hood (is there another one somewhere )

2) Remove the washer nozzle

3) Blow compressed air in the spray hole of the washer nozzle and the installation hole for washer hose to eliminate dust and foreign matter.

4) Install the hose to washer nozzle and install the washer nozzle.

5) Check if front washer sprays properly. If no change, replace with a new nozzle.

Your nozzle might be fine dont go replacing the nozzle just becuase this says to. This is just giving you a place to start looking just incase your motor might be OK.
    2003 Impreza WRX Sport Wagon

"I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member." - Groucho Marx

Is it fast? I don't even know if its street legal. O.o (IROC-Z)

Can you hear the pump running? Just nothing coming out?

No noise at all from the pump. Seems completely dead. I have seen a couple of posts about people rapping on the washer motor with a blunt object to get it running again.
    Brian
    First time WRX owner
    '08 WRX sedan
    North Bend WA.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.