Rough Idle and Blinking CEL

This is a discussion on Rough Idle and Blinking CEL within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; So i just got my 02 back together after a blown HG. Got it cranked over today, after a slight ...

Rough Idle and Blinking CEL

So i just got my 02 back together after a blown HG. Got it cranked over today, after a slight confusion with the fuel lines, she started right up, but with a rough idle and backfires. Also, after about 30-50 seconds, the CEL started blinking, just like it was when the HG had blown. In fact, the rough idle feels almost identical to how it felt right after the gasket blew. I know the blinking CEL is generally a misfire code, but it could be a billion different things, so I'm kinda pulling my hair out. This is my daily, and it's been outta commission for over a month.

Any ideas? I checked the coil wires, they're in the right packs (white in front), the grounds on the intake manifold are solid, and everything else seems good. I was thinking of cleaning the MAF, but it doesn't seem like that would cause the misfire/blinking like that...

Any input would be appreciated....
    confucius say "Man who run in front of car get tired."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

After pulling the codes, looks like I've got misfires on cylinders 1, 2 & 4 (p0301,2,4). Spark plugs? i did not replace them when i put it back together, parts house did not have them at the time and they looked ok....

Figured it out, bad plugs on 1, 2 & 4. Clean the MAF too and it started right up. Still throwing a CEL and blinking intermittently, but it's idling correctly and runs real smooth. Any ideas on a misfire code being thrown when it's not misfiring?

try resetting the ecu to get rid of the cel and see if it comes back on