TURBO is not kickin in...Someone HELP ME!

This is a discussion on TURBO is not kickin in...Someone HELP ME! within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I need some help subie fans...my impreza's turbo is not working right...i hear it spool but then its not boosting...do ...

TURBO is not kickin in...Someone HELP ME!

I need some help subie fans...my impreza's turbo is not working right...i hear it spool but then its not boosting...do i have a boost leak somewhere or my turbo is going bad? I ask a few friends because they worked with cars before and they told me a boost leak...took it to the subaru shop and they said i needed a new turbo and down pipe...but dealerships are always bull**** and wanna make their sales..can anyone help me in this situtation? I drive a 2002 subaru impreza WRX...no mods all stock besides the BOV...Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The BOV should be gotten rid of, first and foremost, it could be that it's leaking and that's your problem.

Other possibilities include a stuck wastegate, a bad boost control solenoid, or a cracked or disconnected vacuum line.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    Cody barely even skimmed the surface, but definitely has a point with the BOV. We need a lot of information from you. Did you just get the car? has it always been like this? What was happening when this occurred? Do you have a Check Engine Light? Any recent service to the car? Do you have a boost gauge? We need to know what pressure the turbo is creating. If it's 0psi that's going to be different than exactly 7psi which is going to be different than others. We need to know all of the facts.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I got the car back in 2006 and had the BOV since then too. Never really had this problem till April of 2011. I had an engine light that came on and off and said it was my sensor by the down pipe. There was a time when the car had some blue smog that came out of the exhaust when I accelerated but it only occurred here and there.

Yea I do have a stock boost gauge. The psi just stays at 0 when ever I accelerate.

if the spring in the bov is loose the piston inside will allow boost to just pass on by check bov tighten if needed buy it sounds like you need to get your hands dirty and find out what actually wrong

Im pretty sure WRXs dont need an aftermarket BOV until much later on when you are creating alot more power.