question about oil - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on question about oil within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; warranty is moot, but i was under the impression that I would still have to use something with those minimums....

warranty is moot, but i was under the impression that I would still have to use something with those minimums.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You can use anything if warranty is moot. Your motor, your repair bills, your choice.

Ideally you will use something that works. You have two options to figure out if something works: try it and send in a sample for analysis, and look at the data; or, look at data generated by others in motors similar to yours under use conditions similar to yours.

There is however never any harm in following the manufacturer spec to the letter even out of warranty. By all means, go ahead, you will be fine.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12