ecu help!!

This is a discussion on ecu help!! within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; ok so after struggling with an evap circuit short code for like a year, I finally toke my subbie to ...

ecu help!!

ok so after struggling with an evap circuit short code for like a year, I finally toke my subbie to the dealer. After doing some test and replacing a relay, they now think I need a new ECU. instead of sinking another grand into the dealer i'm thinking of picking up a used one from wrx-tx, and having my step-father (certified mechanic) install for me. My question to you guys is after we install it will I be good to go, or will I have to take it somewhere to get it "reflashed"? If it does need to get reflashed is that the same as reflashing with my accessport? I appreciate the help!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Since you have an AP and since you have used it on your existing car, before swapping ECUs, unmarry the AP from the old ECU so that you can then proceed to flash the correct map onto your new ECU.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.