is my clutch bad?

This is a discussion on is my clutch bad? within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I went to launch my car the other day. And the motor was revving and I wasn't going like it ...

is my clutch bad?

I went to launch my car the other day. And the motor was revving and I wasn't going like it should have and all of a sudden it started to pull hard at the end of first through the rest of the gears. Then I smelled something like it was burning. Ever since if o take off a little rough I get that smell. The clutch is the stock oem clutch and has 64k on it. I'm not too sure if the clutch is completely gone any ideas on wat I can do I'm kinda tight with money right now. Also wat kind of clutch should I buy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    to check if your clutch is going back, while driving in lets 3rd gear @ 30mph, hit the gas & see if your RPMs jump. if your RPMs jump but your car doesnt go anywhere (physically accelerate) that's usually a surefire sign that your clutch is done.

as far as what to replace it with- you didnt give us any info about your car at all.

if youre stock or at least stage 2ish- an OEM replacement will be fine. (do a search for exedy)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Yea sorry about tht my car is stock except for a catback. But I have plans for it. I just bought it a few weeks.2004 Sti with 64k on it. So third gear 30mph and floor it lol.