Is there a list of common part failures to watch out for?

This is a discussion on Is there a list of common part failures to watch out for? within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; i've not been able to find the info i wanted so i guess i'll start a thread. is there a ...

Is there a list of common part failures to watch out for?

i've not been able to find the info i wanted so i guess i'll start a thread. is there a list of common part failures that has or is still actively being compiled?

my radiator failed just after topping 100K miles which i was not prepared for. since then i've learned this is quite common and i wish i could've replaced it before the failure occured. also, a few years ago my upper radiator hose was cut by the cooling fan which i've also learned is common...again, i was unaware of this potential problem until after the fact.

i have an 02 wagon...is there a list of common problems for this?
    "it's not a crime if you don't get caught"
    - an Indiana State Trooper (class of '03)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have an 05 WRX and the Upper Radiator hose just failed on me today. I replaced it and found a gash in it just about where the fan is. Also replaced my thermostat about 500 miles ago as the temp gauge would creep up on me from time to time. I never knew until it happened and i diagnosed myself.
    OBP 05 WRX sedan, Big Evo III 16G, STi 565 injectors, HKS S-type FMIC, HKS super mega flow intake, Walbro FP, Helix catted DP, HKS UP, SRS catback and so much more.....

uppipe, oil pickup

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stallion2 View Post
    i've not been able to find the info i wanted so i guess i'll start a thread. is there a list of common part failures that has or is still actively being compiled?
    Yes there is a list. It is at this link:
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database

Note that the most common source of problems is not listed: owners. If a seller is keenly interested in "tuner cars" and is familiar with all the magazines etc., I'd run away.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.