Is there a list of common part failures to watch out for?

This is a discussion on Is there a list of common part failures to watch out for? within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; i've not been able to find the info i wanted so i guess i'll start a thread. is there a ...

Is there a list of common part failures to watch out for?

i've not been able to find the info i wanted so i guess i'll start a thread. is there a list of common part failures that has or is still actively being compiled?

my radiator failed just after topping 100K miles which i was not prepared for. since then i've learned this is quite common and i wish i could've replaced it before the failure occured. also, a few years ago my upper radiator hose was cut by the cooling fan which i've also learned is common...again, i was unaware of this potential problem until after the fact.

i have an 02 wagon...is there a list of common problems for this?
    "it's not a crime if you don't get caught"
    - an Indiana State Trooper (class of '03)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have an 05 WRX and the Upper Radiator hose just failed on me today. I replaced it and found a gash in it just about where the fan is. Also replaced my thermostat about 500 miles ago as the temp gauge would creep up on me from time to time. I never knew until it happened and i diagnosed myself.
    OBP 05 WRX sedan, Big Evo III 16G, STi 565 injectors, HKS S-type FMIC, HKS super mega flow intake, Walbro FP, Helix catted DP, HKS UP, SRS catback and so much more.....

uppipe, oil pickup

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by stallion2 View Post
    i've not been able to find the info i wanted so i guess i'll start a thread. is there a list of common part failures that has or is still actively being compiled?
    Yes there is a list. It is at this link:
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database

Note that the most common source of problems is not listed: owners. If a seller is keenly interested in "tuner cars" and is familiar with all the magazines etc., I'd run away.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.