Quick and stupid coil pack question.

This is a discussion on Quick and stupid coil pack question. within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hey guys. I'm in the middle of a timing belt change on my '03 WRX and figured I would throw ...

Quick and stupid coil pack question.

Hey guys. I'm in the middle of a timing belt change on my '03 WRX and figured I would throw some new plugs in the car while I had everything torn out.

I pulled all the coil packs out of the holes without thinking and now I'm not 100% positive that I have them back in their correct holes.

I noticed two of the coil packs have a different color (white? green?) clip on it probably for the purpose of telling them apart. I'm sure many of you could tell me off the top of your head where they go to give me peace of mind so I don't have to find out I have them in wrong when I start the car. I'm hoping to finish my first timing belt job tomorrow if it doesn't rain again. Thanks guys.

Aaron

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

DUB
    the coil packs themselves are all the same. it's the plugs that need to hooked up right.

black is back.

Right. I pulled them out with the wires attached and just let them hang. I'm worried i may have reversed one putting them back in.