Clutch close to be burned?

This is a discussion on Clutch close to be burned? within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hello, I'm new to this forum, which is great and I hope I can participate often. I made a big ...

Clutch close to be burned?

Hello,

I'm new to this forum, which is great and I hope I can participate often.

I made a big mistake and I have a question about it.

On Sunday, this girl which is a friend of mine, really liked the car (03 WRX Sedan, stock) and asked me if she could drive it, she said that she knew how to drive stick, but she was out of practice. So, I made the biggest mistake since I bought the car and let her drive.

She drove about two or three blocks, and she really had trouble combining gas and clutch... so the clutch was forced and by the time she stopped the car it smelled like burned, I drove back home after that, (about 15 miles) and the car still had a little remain of that smell, the clutch still feels the same as before, but I wonder if that would have a consequence in the next days/weeks or if it won't make a difference if the car is driven only by ME from now on.

It is obvious that time will tell me if I need to replace the clutch or not...

Thanks!
    Last edited by subito_uy; 02-09-2009 at 10:39 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subito_uy View Post
    I made a big mistake and I have a question about it.
    This is good. No progress can be made, I've learned, until a mistake is acknowledged.

On Sunday, this girl which is a friend of mine,
    I don't have any friends. If I did, I'd not start with a girl.

but I wonder if that would have a consequence in the next days/weeks or if it won't make a difference if the car is driven only by ME from now on.
    She didn't do the clutch any favours but only time will tell, and so far so good. I'd not worry too much; clutches are an expendable maintenance system and they do go out eventually. Pretend you spent two months in San Francisco during heavy traffic and go on with life.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.