Thermostat with Timing Belt?

This is a discussion on Thermostat with Timing Belt? within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Is it a good idea to put in a new thermostat, perhaps the crucial racing coolsafe, when changing my timing ...

Thermostat with Timing Belt?

Is it a good idea to put in a new thermostat, perhaps the crucial racing coolsafe, when changing my timing belt? It will be easy to change already having everything open, but is it necessary? I was also going to flush my coolant today when changing my oil, but I guess I will just wait if changing the T-stat is a good idea.

XPT Stage 2

"Do you smell that? It smells like his clutch."
    "No, it's burnt rice."

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Botat1725 View Post
    Is it a good idea to put in a new thermostat, perhaps the crucial racing coolsafe, when changing my timing belt? It will be easy to change already having everything open, but is it necessary? I was also going to flush my coolant today when changing my oil, but I guess I will just wait if changing the T-stat is a good idea.
    Do water pump, thermostat, tensioner, idlers, check crank and cam seals and replace if needed, maybe oil pump

"I would do everything, if it were me... I have meny post regarding my N/A timing belt woes...

I would do all of the idler pullies, tensioner, water pump.. all of it... Because inverribly, 2000 mikes after you do "part" of the job, something else is going to go....

This is coming from the guy that had to go into that area 3 times in 2yrs, because he didn't replace everything the 1st or 2nd time..

Just do it... it's cheap insurance.. (well bordering 500$ isn't cheap, but doing the job over or replacing heads isn't either, should something go) "
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Quote Originally Posted by mycologist View Post
    Do water pump, thermostat, tensioner, idlers, check crank and cam seals and replace if needed, maybe oil pump

"I would do everything, if it were me... I have meny post regarding my N/A timing belt woes...

I would do all of the idler pullies, tensioner, water pump.. all of it... Because inverribly, 2000 mikes after you do "part" of the job, something else is going to go....

This is coming from the guy that had to go into that area 3 times in 2yrs, because he didn't replace everything the 1st or 2nd time..

Just do it... it's cheap insurance.. (well bordering 500$ isn't cheap, but doing the job over or replacing heads isn't either, should something go) "
    Yeah just do it guys.... if i were it be then i do it....