'Cause I'm a girl? engine flooded?

This is a discussion on 'Cause I'm a girl? engine flooded? within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Hiya.. I hope i'm in the right forum?? I went to start my '05 WRX girl friday, and it was ...

Exclamation 'Cause I'm a girl? engine flooded?

Hiya.. I hope i'm in the right forum?? I went to start my '05 WRX girl friday, and it was a no goer. Yes, before you ask, I did have 1/2 tank fuel! I ended up towing her to the dealer, who told me today (monday) that "you flooded it!"

Here's the Q.. How can you flood a fuel inj engine? Especially if I only depressed the accelerator 1 & 1/4 times as per owners manual? Is this guy blowing me off 'cause i'm a girl? I tried to ask him if it was leaky injectors? pressure regulator issue? throttle bypass valve?air flow meter? failing o2 sensor? something? he just replied "no, you just flooded it!"

I get any of these things could have the potential to flood the vehicle if they were not functioning properly. Any ideas? please don't tell me it's the girl thing
    Chicks dig cars too!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    its the girl thing

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    They probably couldn't find anything, figured you were stupid and gave you a BS line that works on most females.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    wow ! never heard of that before smells like BS to me

btw welcome
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Why did you push the pedal at all? It's not carbureted so it's not like you need to do it engage a choke or something. Whenever I go to start my car I just hop in, push the clutch, and then start the car.

For flooded engines, IIRC can't you just push the accelerator to the floor for a second or 2 and it clears the engine? I know that works on some cars, but I don't know about these, never had to try it.
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

yeah, you can't flood a fuel injected engine unless you have fouled injectors or some other fuel system problem. Definitely can't be done just by pressing the accelerator. I hope you acted real sceptical so they don't feel like they got away with feeding you that BS.

Welcome to ClubWRX!

You asked all the right questions.
    The dealer was dumb.

So after you got it to the dealer it started? Did it turn over at all before it was towed?

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiegurl View Post
    Hiya.. I hope i'm in the right forum?? I went to start my '05 WRX girl friday, and it was a no goer. Yes, before you ask, I did have 1/2 tank fuel! I ended up towing her to the dealer, who told me today (monday) that "you flooded it!"

Here's the Q.. How can you flood a fuel inj engine? Especially if I only depressed the accelerator 1 & 1/4 times as per owners manual? Is this guy blowing me off 'cause i'm a girl? I tried to ask him if it was leaky injectors? pressure regulator issue? throttle bypass valve?air flow meter? failing o2 sensor? something? he just replied "no, you just flooded it!"

I get any of these things could have the potential to flood the vehicle if they were not functioning properly. Any ideas? please don't tell me it's the girl thing
    yeah it could pretty much be anything......when my injectors wear leaky, my car would crank for like 5 seconds before turning over and i had to step on the gas while i was cranking it or it would take even longer......