Trouble code generic 0031

This is a discussion on Trouble code generic 0031 within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I keep getting a 0031 trouble code. I seem to have lost my book so I nether know the cause ...

Trouble code generic 0031

I keep getting a 0031 trouble code. I seem to have lost my book so I nether know the cause of the code or what the code is. Any help would be greatly appreiciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

is there a temp fix for a messed up o2 sensor cuz i dont have the cash for one at the moment
    Dirty Crew #8807
    02 wrx 246awhp sold to get 03
    03 wrx 400awhp also sold to get a house
    currently shoping though

No temp fix that I know of. It just causes your car to run rich all the time if your running stock ecu. Cheapest place to order the part IMO is subarugenuineparts.com. OEM P/N is 22641AA042.

I am now getting the same problem with my car, but the trouble coming up is just telling the car is rich not that the o2 sensor is bad.
    Blow Up And Buy Back. More Boost More Power

Quote Originally Posted by speedracer866 View Post
    I am now getting the same problem with my car, but the trouble coming up is just telling the car is rich not that the o2 sensor is bad.
    are u getting the code too or no? if a cylinder is just running rich all the time no matter what it could be something as simple as a leaky injector
    If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

The code is just telling me the car is running rich, not getting anything else from it
    Blow Up And Buy Back. More Boost More Power