Put new timing beltm but car wont start/// - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Put new timing beltm but car wont start/// within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; I went and bought myself obd2 code reader, and guess what... Code - P0336- Crankshaft Position Sensor. I will need ...

I went and bought myself obd2 code reader, and guess what...
    Code -
    P0336- Crankshaft Position Sensor.
    I will need to buy it anyway, but im not sure if i need to buy the other thing (don't know the name) that has missing teeth?
    What does a crankshaft sensor do? Does it let spark plugs do their job right in time so the engine will run?

Anyways, i can only hope that the problem lies around this area and not in bend valves.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by vwgolf02 View Post
    I went and bought myself obd2 code reader, and guess what...
    Code -
    P0336- Crankshaft Position Sensor.
    I will need to buy it anyway, but im not sure if i need to buy the other thing (don't know the name) that has missing teeth?
    What does a crankshaft sensor do? Does it let spark plugs do their job right in time so the engine will run?

Anyways, i can only hope that the problem lies around this area and not in bend valves.
    Basically tells the engine where its at. You have to replace that pickup/gear the engine will not start without it. Its not the sensor thats bad, its the pickup/gear that is bad. Let me guess when you turn it over it pretty much stops right on or right after a missing tooth.

Replace the missing pickup/gear and try to figure out why teeth are missing.

Did you turn the engine over manually?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12