engine mounts and wheel noise!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on engine mounts and wheel noise!! within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; When if at all should you replace your engine mounts. Ever since i got in my accident i been hearing ...

engine mounts and wheel noise!!

When if at all should you replace your engine mounts. Ever since i got in my accident i been hearing noises not heard before. example my right rear wheel makes a noise like if the rotor was warped and kept tapping on the brake pad so i relpaced the rotor and pads and it still is there so i think maybe the wheel bearing is shot but when i lift the car no wiggle in the wheel. any suggestions? also after like 20 mins of driving my exhaust starts to rattle. enough that it broke the hanger that was welded to the downpipe and i had to get it rewelded. i think it the motor mounts since every thing else is tight. i think its hitting the bracket that connects the center diff to the body. anyway if i go over a bump or make left turns is when i hear it also when i let off the gas at a high RPM. its starting to drive me nuts cuz i cant figure out what it is. all the suspension underneath the car is tight. i dont have a lift so i cant really check it out as good as i want to but i did what i could. any suggestions or experience with this problem? also the dog bone behind the motor is still solid it didnt break, i thought about that first.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump this up

when you start your car does the engine wiggle while its idling enough to feel when your sitting in the car?
    2005 WRX Wagon stg 1 - 3/12 to present
    1996 BMW 328is coupe - 5/11 to present

02 WRX wagon stg 2 - history

WTB: Cobb Accessport ap-sub-001 for 2005 WRX

i has always wiggled since i put the exhaust and intake on and stage 2ed it.. well i havent looked at the engine but it rocked a bit while sitting in the car.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Bump because I am having a similar problem. Tonight I was driving and I heard a thump, as if I had ran over something, but nothing was there. Now I am hearing almost like a rubbing sound from the rear right wheel. It was dark so I checked as much as I could and nothing was rubbing to my knowledge. I checked the suspension, springs, body, bumper, the works. I am honestly stumped. I am going to take it to my tire guy tomorrow who has a lift and check it out. I hope it is something small. I have a 650 mile drive on monday.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Well, took it in, had it up on the lift and everything seemed fine. Wheel bearings are fine and everything. On my way to the shop I could not hear the sound I was hearing last night. I guess that is a good thing. Hope this does not come back to bite me. I have 1,000 miles until the warranty is up, so I hope if it does come back, it does it in the next thousand miles.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.