Fuel pump cut-off switch (Security purpose) - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Fuel pump cut-off switch (Security purpose) within the Maintenance, service, and repair forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; if you remove the relay to the fuel pump. the ecu does not get any power. took me and my ...

if you remove the relay to the fuel pump. the ecu does not get any power. took me and my friend 2 hours to figure out why the ecu wasnt powering up. i might try and put a kill switch on there
    SOCAL F4#02 OG member

2002 PSM WRX stage 6
    2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX6R

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cnk
    That's what I mean though. It can become annoying to have to carry the AP with you everywhere you go. Plus, if you're really in a bad area, you don't want to be sitting in the car reloading a map. There's also the danger of leaving the anti-theft map loaded as the base map because if there is any type of electrical problem while you're driving, the car would just shut off. This is a remote possibility, but it still does exist. This was a very long discussion on nasioc a while back.

Calvin
    so just to sum it up, the AP antitheft real time map is pretty much useless
    Straights are for fast cars...
    Turns are for fast drivers...
    Colin McRae

My PHOTOGRAPHY

cnk
    Quote Originally Posted by rallymaniac
    so just to sum it up, the AP antitheft real time map is pretty much useless
    Yes and No. For the amateur thief, it will probably be pretty effective, but I wouldn't rely solely upon it alone. As I stated above, your best bet is still a layered approach. To be honest, the only thing that has been proven to work in WRX Theft central (NJ) is a hidden fuel cut. However, there have still been cases where the thieves used another car to push the target car away from the scene so that they could work on it in a different location.

Calvin

Yea i figured this was going to be a sticky subject. But I dont feel like learning these one with trial and error.
    Will #1
    LISC #2

It's a pretty damn good idea. I may have to look into this one.
    My poor tranny!... someone sell me an aspen white 06 sti.

Mods

After Researching.....

I did some research guys.... it's very simple. Since the fuel pump runs through the right side (passenger side), just add a relay, wires (12v) and a switch somewhere in between the fuel pump. You pretty much have to hire the switch or maybe add a factory switch (ON, OFF) somewhere in the dashboard, or under the seat etc. That is all to it~!!

Imagine this:

(battery)
    somewhere
    discrete
    (switch)
    (fuse box/ relays/Power 12v)
    driver side..................<<<.......<<<.......<<<..... ....<<<<...//(relay/ 12v Wires)
    fuel pump
    I apoligize if the diagram is so not professional, but I was bored

I think by adding a switch like this (IMHO) will delay these suckers, might even prevent them from taking your car.

Let me know what you guys think

Once again I apoligize for the grammar and the ugly diagram.
    Steve
    Last edited by WRX4eva; 11-10-2005 at 10:13 AM.

Wish I would've went through this mod a while back, but never did. Goodbye '00 Civic! Also, you can put a 2nd switch somewhere else and only disable that one in suspicious places. It's an awesome idea though. Good POM machine!

I have not used this, so i can't answer-or-comment in this, but i've read good things about it. May have warranty issues though.

http://www.powerlock.com/
    Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Steven Wright

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.