Please Help!

This is a discussion on Please Help! within the International Forum forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Hi all, Im really hoping someone will be able to help me out with this. My boyfriend owns a 2004 ...

Please Help!

Hi all,
    Im really hoping someone will be able to help me out with this. My boyfriend owns a 2004 evo 7 WRX with a Brandt Immobiliser system. He goes away a fair bit for work and i try to drive it when i can so the battery doesnt go dead but it doesnt always happen. Last time the battery went dead we were able to get the car restarted, however we learnt that you must have the keys in the ignition and turned to accessories before you reconnect the battery.
    The battery has gone dead AGAIN, I have tried to restart it as we did last time but its not working. When i reconnect the battery even with the accessories on the alarm goes off and when I enter the code and turn the key to on nothing happens. No clicks, nothing. Im sure its something to do with the immobiliser but i just dont know how to fix it.
    Can any one please shed some light on this for me? Its driving me nuts.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

MTM
    trickle charger. Problem solved..

also what is a Evo 7 WRX?

The battery is charged up now, but I still can't get it started.
    Evo7 is the model number, I know it's a bit strange cos normally Evo is associated with Lancers

MTM
    I didnt think 04s had immobilizers? at least USDM didnt I dont think? where are you located? and seriously though put it on a trickle charger when hes gone so you dont ever have to worry about it again.

It's not keeping the battery charged that's my issue, it's getting the car started now....

Yeah it has the Brandt system, it's been a pain in my bum the whole time. I'm in cairns

I Support ClubWRX
    You are in Australia?

I don't think these systems are very common in the US.

Found a link to an old Australian forum discussion on this topic. Might be some useful information for you in there...Brant Alarm Reset bull**** ! [Archive] - PerformanceForums

Good luck.

Yep in Australia,
    Thanks for that link, I see others have had the same issue.
    I have the master code for his car, it still doesn't want to start. I think I might have to go seeSubaru for this one.