Winding noise

This is a discussion on Winding noise within the International Forum forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; Im a Holden girl at heart... But a year ago i purchased my Boy (WRX). All has been well and ...

Cool Winding noise

Im a Holden girl at heart... But a year ago i purchased my Boy (WRX). All has been well and love the ride.
    Recently its started to make a winding noise...
    I originally thought it was turbo as the boost is kicking late... I have checked all pipe work and everything seems intact... Every time i take it in someone tells me something different... Now the noise is getting louder... It sounds like a super charge... Im starting to wonder if its the main bearing... I dont know much bout Subaru's and im still learning... Is there any way i can throw it on a computer to find out what the definite problem is???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It would help if we knew what the mileage, year, service and if the car is running badly. I have seen a newer wrx make a sort of whining noise when the turbo bearing started to go out because the owner didn't change the oil for about 10k miles. The car ran good but it would not spool up very well and it surged under boost just a little bit.

its a 2002 wrx impreza. 160000 on the clock. i keep it well maintained and has a full service every 6months...
    Its run like a good boy should lol until recently that is... It still runs good bar the lag in the boost now and the winding noise but trying not to drive it as i dont want it to get any worse. But thanks i will check that out
    Last edited by vixen666; 10-06-2012 at 09:22 PM.