Subaru WRX Forum banner

UK and Ex-Pats chat forum

126K views 2K replies 26 participants last post by  Weasel 555 
#1 · (Edited)
to save hijacking other threads you pesky forerunners(sp) post here :tongue:

oakley i blame you :rotfl:

#1,742 ·
I want to get a small(ish) quick & attractive first car not necessarily new, but fairly reasonable to insure (i know it doesn't really help because it differs quite alot between US & UK) - I was thinking along the lines of a VW corrado (ok I knmow it's not really that small but I have a "thing" for them) or an old starlet - what do you guys reckon I should look at?

#1,745 ·
Hey honey, how are you?
:whoa: Oak1ey what did you do to the Mrs, she seems like shes in a VERY good mood.

Heres what I was going to say, but its a joke...

Hey honey, how are you?
Well, I've been told I'm pretty damn good:D How are you?

Ok for real, I'm pretty good, half the work day is over and got a nice 3 day weekend. My brother wants to throw a party this weekend since the parents will be gone. Might have to go find some fireworks shows. Hows everyone else? Weekend plans? New pics of new car accessories?

#1,746 ·
:rotfl: You'll have to ask Oak1ey that one!

I'm always in a good mood - well once a month I'm not, but that's really the only exception! lol

Sounds like a good and busy weekend you have planned, Oak1ey has a day off today and is working over the weekend, I don't really have any plans.

Was hoping the weather would be good so I could tan the back of my legs as they are still white after a trip to the beach when it was overcast and me thinking they wouldnt catch any sun - I was very wrong! I have a big tan stripe down the front of my legs! lol :rotfl:

Don't have pics of lights yet, should have them posted tomorrow or over the weekend so you'll see on Monday - they look sexy as f*ck!

#1,747 ·
good luck with that tan...i need to get out to the pool one of these days soon when the suns out and work on mine. I'm going on a family cruise July 31st - Aug 4th and gotta look good for the ladies

Cant wait to see pics of the lights.

Weasel how can I buy a clubwrx.net T-shirt and Licenseplate frame (cuz my dealership already pissed me off and im taking their frame OFF)

#1,749 ·
We are flying to florida and leaving from there going out to the carribean and somewhere in mexico making stops here and there. Never done it before, so I hope its fun. Everythings paid for cept alcohol:thumbdown

Im pretty sure we will have the same room or 2 rooms. Either have to sneak girls in, or stay at the girl's room lol

#1,752 ·
Typical ...................!!:unhappy:

Have to take 2 days off from work and the conversations get good ??

You guys trying to tell me something :sadwave:

Anyway as you can guess I have to work ALL weekend which sucks but atleast it's pretty chilled out.

Found out yesterday I am getting promoted which to be fair is about time.

Not really exepcting many responses today but then I suppose you guys were partying all night

#1,754 ·
Hello mate hope you had a good one yesterday ??

Had a nightmare last night we have students living next door and decided to have a heavy metal party till 6am this morning.

Called the Police etc but nothing could be done so will defo be knocking there door this evening espiecally if they think they are having another large one this evening.

I suppose it's to early for anyone else to be around ??

#1,759 ·
Yeah I know what your saying my mate at work a few years ago had the Evo version and took me for a spin. Took a roundabout at 80mph, f#cking lunatic but it stuck to the road like glue.

I always fancied one but never really got the chance to see one at the time I wanted to buy a car.

Saying that 2 weeks ago I run into a bright yellow Lancia Evo it was in the slow lane as I was accelerating in the fast must have seen me as I always drive with lights on ( just cause it gets the car noticed ) and he dropped the gear and booted it.

As soon as I saw him pick up I dropped a gear and floored it in 2nd redlining her to 3rd.

He pulled along side at the Mway speed limit cause I am always abiding to the law and gave me the thumbs up.

Would have been great if I would have had in on the Video camera

#1,760 ·
PS - Thanks for sorting out my avatar Weasel, So yeah I do owe you one.

Just a quick question ? are other web forums able to come onto the site post pictues and sortve promote their site without REALLY promoting their site :confused:

The reason I say that are the photo's have been done well and copywrited and there was a good selection.

What a good way to give the impression their site is worth a hit, do you not think so.

#1,762 ·
Yes mate and they look sh#t hot they really go well with the white paint work.

But then I knew that is was going to be a safe buy as I saw the other Impreza at Santa Pod.

I have a bit of a dilema though and probally could do with some sound advice Weasel.

We Amy and me have already spent a small fortune on the car but all the bits so far are easily ( sortve ) removed.

The problem we are looking at spending a lot of money making the car the best Scooby in the UK. Not easy I know but I have always wanted a show car ( have to stop the racing ayy )

I'm thinking save my money and stop where I am with mods and go for a P1 I know that they are not cheap but for the spec against what I have on the WRX would probally cost me as much to MOD the WRX to get it performing at that level.

I know now that since owning a GC8 classic I won't be happy driving anything else unless your going to buy me a Vantage Weasel.

Seeing as that ain't happening what do you think ??:p

#1,763 ·
yeah i'd have to get me a Vantage first off :p

anyway in your quest , i would say hold off on the spending now your looks are there. I would say performance is up next.

As is tho you can sell car for what you paid for it , just depends on if anyone wants it.

P1 is def the bee's knees of classic scoobies although the RB5 and any of the jdm RA's are also pretty much the dogs bollox too

decision decisions eh !

#1,764 ·
We both know that when you start modding the engine it's not really going to add value to the car unless you have someone that specificaly whats that type of car.

What with petrol prices and insurance etc it is becomming an expensive hobbie.

I would have to declare ALL mods to my insurer otherwise the insurance would be invalid.

So it would make sense to buy the car as standard like the P1
or maybe try and pick up an RA

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.