UK and Ex-Pats chat forum - Page 145
Page 145 of 151 FirstFirst ... 4595135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2265

This is a discussion on UK and Ex-Pats chat forum within the International Forum forums, part of the Regional Discussion category; afternoon 4 u , just gone 8am here for me ! any mods to your scooby ?...

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    afternoon 4 u , just gone 8am here for me !

any mods to your scooby ?
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nothing spectacular.

Prodrive PPP backbox
    scoobyworld mudflaps
    subaru door protectors

bump hi guys!
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Question any US-spec-owning folks living in Germany?

I'm in the US Army stationed in Germany and am going through the hassle of buying a new WRX. It has to be US-spec for me to get it BACK to the US (when I finally move back) without any more trouble. That, and a German WRX STI costs around 44 thousand Euro. No wonder they don't sell any.

At any rate, the US dealer I'm talking to has no problems selling me at WRX and even trucking it to a port city (Jacksonville, FL). The only question I have is about the new car warranty - would Subaru of Germany honor a US warranty at all?

Most dealers here (Audi, BMW, VW, etc) recognize the US warranty on their cars but cut it short a year. If it's a 3-year bumper-to-bumper, they reduce it to 2 years, etc.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I just want to be sure before I call a Subaru dealer in Nurnberg and try to get my question across in completely broken deutsch.

John
    Forgive, O Lord, my little jokes on Thee
    And I'll forgive Thy great big one on me.
    -- Robert Frost

Just a quick message to say Happy New Year to everyone, can't beleive I have not even been on the website for nearly 4 months WTF.

Hope you are all well seems we are all really busy at the moment except Tmann

I am going to post a new topic in the new members forum just to say hello to everyone as I really have not got time to go through the threads as I will most likely get acussed of post wh##ring.

Let me know if any of you are around either today ( tonight for me ) or tomorrow.

Oaks
    Classic Crew #01
    "When life passes you by in a flash you know you have been Scoobied
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Just had a quick read through at the start of the thread that Weasel setup to stop me and Chris hijacking everyone elses threads.

Me thinks it about time we all started making more of an effort to get on atleast once a week.

I'll even make that as my new years resolution is to start posting and start smoking again YEAH

Just don't tell the Mrs !!
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

good to see you back Oak1ey and omg you Weasel! your avatars keep getting better and better
    Tyler - Aspen White 04' STI
    Blobeye Syndicate #40
    Stage 2 - 312HP ~ 339 lb ft. torque
    Live Gamertag - TMANN05
    NOTE: If you run a turbocharger beyond itís compressor efficiency range, it will turn into a flame thrower.

Hello everyone!

Im proud to say im the owner of a 1993 imprezaWRX classic, and tbh im loving it!!

My past has been with vauxhalls ie cav gsi`s, cav turbos...and that was for the past 6 years!

So i wanted a change, i started looking at subarus and this little beauty popped up!

Its a jap import, with 1 owner in japan, one owner in the uk and now me! 3rd owner! WAHEY!

But im still learning about the impreza and would appreciate any info you could give me on the wrx ie best oil, coolent, what the standard boost is.....this this goes on lol!

Any way, hope you all had a really good new year!

Talk soon!

Mart

Happy new year fella !! good to be back in the mix again.

Works getting a bit better now as I am off to my own campaign now got about a week or so left here.

How's tricks anyway hope you have been keeping yourself out of trouble.

Have you seen the babs on Weasels Avatar surley that's should be classed as pron maybe we should grass him up to The J
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Hello Mart good to see you found the best thread on the site. Also good to see someone else from the sunny south coast.

You'll going to love this site and the guys that post on here.

This thread has been running for just under a year and pretty much everyone that posts on here are sound. Every now and again were get an idiot or I think they call them in the US a spammer ?? but we get the Weasel to sort them out.

I know exactley where you are coming from regarding the change of a FWD car turbo or NA and getting inot a WRX Import yum yum. 260 BHP standard and as hard a s nails.

How much did she cost you couple of grand.
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Oak1ey View Post
    Hello Mart good to see you found the best thread on the site. Also good to see someone else from the sunny south coast.

You'll going to love this site and the guys that post on here.

This thread has been running for just under a year and pretty much everyone that posts on here are sound. Every now and again were get an idiot or I think they call them in the US a spammer ?? but we get the Weasel to sort them out.

I know exactley where you are coming from regarding the change of a FWD car turbo or NA and getting inot a WRX Import yum yum. 260 BHP standard and as hard a s nails.

How much did she cost you couple of grand.
    Thanks mate, yea a couple of grand, i know that we dont run the same fuel as japan so the octain will be less in the uk, so i would imagine that the bhp would also be less too? like i said im still learning lol
    Does anyone know what the standard boost is on the wrx`s?

Not to sure as they seem to varie but my V Spec runs at .8 bar.

The Jap cars run at 103 octane best to buy your feul from Tesco's that's 99 in Super and I always added octane boost so she is always running around 102 - 103 I know it's quite an expensive way to feul your car but if yuo decide you want to save pennys and put standard 95 RON in her she run like a bag of sh#t mate and you'll end up paying money to get her remapped.

Obviously like you I was new to the scene around a year ago so made the same mistake I was not aware about the the octance level having such a big impact.

Someone advised me to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes as this helped to reset the ECU not sure if thats true but when I added the right octane feul in she seemed to improve after 50 miles or so.

Weasel would be the best one to help ??
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Mart you should check out my gallery there are various Jap cars from Santa Pod when I ran a 12.5 Qtr mile !! and Silverstone where I raced the international circuit

Pretty much every Jap Car event in the calender I go go with the wife MrsO she's into Jap car big time which is good for me when I want to spend money on the car.

Have been toying with buying a SKYLINE as a project car just to drift and drag with there's a R32 GTST up for grabs just under a grand needs some work but then you expect that for £1000 ayy
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    holy hell !! Oak1ey lives bwahahahaaha happy new yer muppet

---------------------------
    Welcome MartWRX lets see some pics of yer "classic" impreza mate
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Where have you been all weekend you Northern Monkey !!

Happy New Year how was your gravey !!

Theres a few new members on the site so I suggest you get to saying hello to them

Good to be back
    Classic Crew #01
    UK / Ex Pats forum
    UK Chat Group
    Oak1ey Gallery