Front Component fittings

This is a discussion on Front Component fittings within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey Folks, have an '04 WRX Wagon Purchased and had Best Buy install the Rockford Fosgate PS152 http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?...1484&aff=31766 The guy ...

Front Component fittings

Hey Folks, have an '04 WRX Wagon

Purchased and had Best Buy install the Rockford Fosgate PS152
    http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?...1484&aff=31766
    The guy used a 1" spacer, and said he couldn't get the speaker to mount right, saying the door was just too shallow. After 7 hours work, he says he was finally able to get the spacing right. Issue being that if he recessed the speaker, it would hit the glass from the window, and if he spaced it too much, it would hit the grill.

Take it home, there's bass vibration and buzzing. Take it back to BB, he puts some insulation around the speakers, which works for the driver's side, but not the right. He says they have nothing in stock (short of the smaller depth pioneer's) that will fit the door and that it's the same with the rear, things won't fit.

The Rockford's have a bottom depth of 2.2"

These Polk db6500 have a top depth of 2". Are they going to fit better? Is there any other option I have, speaker wise, for upgrades?

Edit: It appears the ones they gave me were the P162S, having a depth mount of 3", not 2.2". Makes alot more sense as to why the fittment wasn't right. Read somewhere else on this forum about depth having a max of 2.7"
    Last edited by Rivo; 03-30-2005 at 05:55 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have 6.5" Focals up front and they have a mounting depth of about 3". They did not fit with spacers and hit the window rail when I lowered the window, but after moving the window rail with a few washers, the speakers finally fit perfectly.

Maximum mounting depth with spacers, I believe is somewhere around 2.88" and you can gain additional space by moving the window rail over. So if the guy knows what he's doing this time around, in essence the speakers should fit without a problem. Good luck
    04' STi (Silver/Silver)
    My Car

Is the rear speaker clearance about the same as the front? 3"?

Any reason why these won't fit in the rear? They have a depth of about 2 and 1/8th"

And going to put these polk MMC6500's in the front, should fit fine with the 1" spacer, ya? W/o their magnet boot, they have a depth of about 2.5"

Quote Originally Posted by Rivo
    Is the rear speaker clearance about the same as the front? 3"?

Any reason why these won't fit in the rear? They have a depth of about 2 and 1/8th"

And going to put these polk MMC6500's in the front, should fit fine with the 1" spacer, ya? W/o their magnet boot, they have a depth of about 2.5"
    I have 5.25" MB Quarts (DKE 113) installed in the rear and they have a mounting depth of about 2.32". However, I did have to use spacers to get them to fit.

Here's the spacers/adapters I used for my fronts and rears. They're from Innovative Automotive and worked perfectly. I bought the thick kit. https://w109.webminders.com/iaperfor...ctionNumber=59

I havn't done an audio install in about a year, but if I recall correctly there is alot more room in the rear, compared to the front. The Polk's (more specifically the MOMO's) I've heard that some people have had difficultly installing them due to their "irregular" shape. If you want try e-mailing the guys over at Innovative Automotive, they should be able to get you concrete answers on what fits or more specifically what you need to make it fit.
    04' STi (Silver/Silver)
    My Car