05 console into 02 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 05 console into 02 wrx within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; can it be done easily? i want two cup holders down there but i notice the e brake seems to ...

05 console into 02 wrx

can it be done easily? i want two cup holders down there but i notice the e brake seems to be more left than right? so has anyone done this ? let me know cause i want to do it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

aOh
    It most definitly would involve some cutting.. thank god mine cam stock

Maybe you can swap out the cupholder piece with a JDM piece since it's on the other side? I'm just guessing.
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

To my knowledge no one has attempted this yet. As mentioned before the e-brake was moved and everything from the top vent on the dash all the way down to the armrest extension/compartment was changed, so the mounting holes might not even line up.

IIRC the 05's (apart from the RS) have fully auto climate control, so you might have to buy that system as well if you want the HVAC knobs in the picture below. (The 05 RS has knobs like the 04s.) STi owners will also have to move their DCCD switches and relocate their power mirror control switch to the armrest on the driver's side door.

This conversion might be on the pricey side, but if Subaru decided to use the same mounting holes it might not be too bad. If somebody does go through with it and everything does work out I may be tempted to try it myself.

NASIOC thread: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...hlight=jealous

Pics (Not mine) for reference:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 05dash.jpg   sti-dash1.jpg  
    Last edited by 4 Banger; 04-03-2005 at 01:38 AM.
    04' STi (Silver/Silver)
    My Car

Quote Originally Posted by NopWRX
    Maybe you can swap out the cupholder piece with a JDM piece since it's on the other side? I'm just guessing.
    Hmm...good idea. I forgot about that. If everything lines up, it should make things ALOT easier.
    04' STi (Silver/Silver)
    My Car

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.