Wires under seats
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Wires under seats within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All, I was reaching for something under my seat and noticed some wires underneath. One of them was yellow ...

Wires under seats

Hi All,

I was reaching for something under my seat and noticed some wires underneath. One of them was yellow and the others were wrapped up in tubing. It looked like it went up into the back of the seat. Has anyone seen these before and know what they are for? I'm pretty sure I don't have heated seats because I don't have any switches for them. It appears to be on both the passenger and driver seats.

Joel
    Street-2000 BRP Impreza 2.5RS Sedan
    Snow-04 Nitro Voltage 158/06 Burton Custom Bindings/04 Vans Fargo Boots
    Photo-Canon 20d and some lenses
    Tech-Apple iBook G4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

anything with yellow wrapping is for your airbag system. Now my seats have side airbags, so it's probably the same thing on your car.

Noticed those when i pulled the seats out of my car.

yellow is airbag, the other is for the seatbelt indicator in the gauge cluster when you have your belt buckled or unbuckled

i think there's also a weight sensor of some kind that determines how fast to deploy the airbag.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    i think there's also a weight sensor of some kind that determines how fast to deploy the airbag.
    airbags dont deploy at different speeds.....it goes as follows

-SKKKKRRTTTTTTT
    -FUDGE!!!
    -BOOM/POP!
    -

the sensors are for seatbelt warnings and chimes...youll get a CEL more often than not if you cut em...

Could be seat heater wiring too, if you have seat heaters that is...

Are there seat heaters on '02s?

Quote Originally Posted by WRXSIG
    airbags dont deploy at different speeds.....it goes as follows

-SKKKKRRTTTTTTT
    -FUDGE!!!
    -BOOM/POP!
    -

the sensors are for seatbelt warnings and chimes...youll get a CEL more often than not if you cut em...
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.