New sub idea!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New sub idea!!! within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was trying to plan out a trunk enclosure for two tens I bought the other day when I got ...

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar

New sub idea!!!

I was trying to plan out a trunk enclosure for two tens I bought the other day when I got a wild idea. How about I put the subs in the cabin somehow? So I looked around to try to get some possible ideas. I think my best chance would be to put each sub on the floor of the back seat in between the back seat and the driver and passenger seats.
    I took measurements and the spaces are perfect fits for each sub. The enclosures will both have to be sealed, and the subs will be pointing at the seats. I'll probably just stick the amp under a seat or in the trunk. I know these enlcosures will prevent me from having more than one or two passengers, but I usually don't ever have anybody in the back.

So, what does everybody think, should I stick with this idea?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't understand why you would not put them in the trunk. They would sound the same, and you could still get the occasional passenger. Is there something else in your trunk? If you want just truck space, use the space in the rear seat area for cargo. I just saw a pic and write up in a tuner mag that had a subie with one racing seat in the middle rear, and 2 subs in carbon fiber boxes beside it. It was kind of a rally car, though. Also less possbility of getting it stolen if hidden in the trunk.
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I want to put them in the cockpit because I really want to be able to "feel" the bass. Would I be able to really feel it if the enclosures were sealed and in the trunk? What setup do you have in your WRX?

You will still be able to feel it the same, with the proper amount of power. I have a Kicker Solobaric S10 L7, with an Audiobahn 1300 hq amp. It will hit so hard that the cd player has trouble reading the CD. So just one 10 inch sub, but 1296 watts of power. It is very loud! I did not want to take up all the trunk space. My sub box is sealed, by the way. It will not make a difference if it is in the trunk or not as feeling it. Bass is not directional, you do not even have to point the sub at the passenger cabin. Most professional installers will put them in the trunk, pointing away from the car. Go to a dealer and listen, or ask some people around what they are running. You def do not have to take up passenger space to feel the bass!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

you will be able to feel it inside your car when they are in the trunk. Plus inside the cabin behind the seats there is really nothing for the bass to "load" off of which is essential with a sealed box. If I were you I would put the sealed enclosures in the trunk and either point them straight at your rear window and port the rear deck OR stick em in a vented/ported enclosure and point them at your trunk lid.... good luck
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

sub

Depending on the size of ur amp(watts) is how much u will feel the subs If u run a good set up then u will feel the subs hit, any subs/ with little bit of power u will feel. My buddy has a two subs in his evo and its hits super hard when he turns it up so much he sets of car alarms.

WRX
    plus if you mount it in the trunk and pull down the middle seat thingy, it'll change the tone of the bass a little bit. I did this in my old car when I really wanted to feel the bass. It made a difference.
    13.12@101mph
    248whp 204lb/ft torque
    mods

hmmm good idea never really thought of that

Brents, you have the 4-ohm or the 2-ohm. I really like that sub, but its a little bit more than I can afford. Ha ha

I have set in 4 ohm, but it is stable to 2. I got a deal at a local audio place, sub and box for $250. I see them all over e-bay for waay less than that, though. The Kicker solobaric is the best sounding single sub I have ever owned. It pounds mercilessily!! I also wanted to still have the pass-through available for my snowboard, so it worked out great for me! the amp I got from a friend with a somewhat dubious background, it has chrome flames, with a blue backlight under the flames. IT was a pleasant surprise the first time I saw it on at night!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

Is the box very big? What is the volume?

It actually looks like the same size a a single 10' sub box, just with a square cut out. I bought it as an assembled floor model, so I do not know the specs. Go turn one on in the store!! You will like it
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

I think I've seen them b4 at Fry's. I'll drop by and check them out if I have a little extra time.
    I was looking at the small sealed box Kicker makes for the L7. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-DMuJTcS...0&I=2064TS10L7
    Does that one look similar to yours?

No, that is the truck box. MIne is deeper, but not so wide. It has the grille on the front, and is just a little bit wider than the sub itself all the way around. That one does look nice, though. I painted the grille to match, to keep the theme the same. Not many people ever see it!
    04 PSM WRX Stg 4-16G
    Blobeye Syndicate

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.