shift knob? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on shift knob? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The MOMO air/leather knob looks like the wheel. Its matches perfectly. The rubber sleeve that goes over the stock shift ...

The MOMO air/leather knob looks like the wheel. Its matches perfectly. The rubber sleeve that goes over the stock shift post increases the outside diameter of the post to fit your shift knob with a snug fit. The MOMO knobs come with about 5 or 6 rubber sleeves of different thicknesses to fit different cars. The Set screws pinch the sleeve to your shift post. No harm in doing so.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How's this? This is the Momo Race Airleather. There is also one that the top half is leather & the bottom half is aluminum. It's called the Momo Race airleather/aluminum.

I think that, or a derivative of that, is the picture I saw - maybe it was your picture but I thought the picture had a different angle
    --------------------------------
    MY03 Sonic Yellow Sedan

Coulda been mine. I've posted a couple of em.

I have one of those MOMO air leather knobs and they look just OEM as the wheel.
    How do i install it??
    from the beginning.
    My car just came in yesterday and it had 5 miles when i got it..
    Never took a brand new car so brand new. =)
    Thanks
    Tuca

Originally posted by tuca33
    I have one of those MOMO air leather knobs and they look just OEM as the wheel.
    How do i install it??
    from the beginning.
    My car just came in yesterday and it had 5 miles when i got it..
    Never took a brand new car so brand new. =)
    Thanks
    Tuca
    brazil huh.AWESOME!! i'm portuguese. I loved the new car smell!! Let's see some pics of the wrx in the member gallery
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

speedracer.

How do i post pics of my car??
    its very nice and very different from USDM cars.
    Thanks
    Tuca

Re: speedracer.

Originally posted by tuca33
    How do i post pics of my car??
    its very nice and very different from USDM cars.
    Thanks
    Tuca
    first get the pics on your computer then attach it to the reply part of the post.........
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

My ichibahn shift knob uses the set screw method and I wouldn't really recommend it. I don't know if its because of that process or if its just the brand, but I installed it by the book, tightened all the screws, and was good for about a week or two then it started getting lose. I had to keep re-tightening it every other day or so until i just said f&*k it and just drove around with a rotating shift knob that didn't even fit the stock boot. If I could do it again I would have gotten something internally threaded like the stock shifter. JMHO
    By the way, does anyone know if the kartboy knob is good from experience? Or are there better/cheaper ones out that fit the stock boot?

Thanks.
    02 platinum silver WRX sedan (stolen)

Originally posted by GasolineAlley82
    My ichibahn shift knob uses the set screw method and I wouldn't really recommend it. I don't know if its because of that process or if its just the brand, but I installed it by the book, tightened all the screws, and was good for about a week or two then it started getting lose. I had to keep re-tightening it every other day or so until i just said f&*k it and just drove around with a rotating shift knob that didn't even fit the stock boot. If I could do it again I would have gotten something internally threaded like the stock shifter. JMHO
    By the way, does anyone know if the kartboy knob is good from experience? Or are there better/cheaper ones out that fit the stock boot?

Thanks.
    i also have the ichibahn knob and i think it's great i've had no problems what so ever! hmm
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

If I had to do it again, I'd get the Kartboy since it screws onto the stock shifter.

Any style in the Race Air line should have that logo on top, right?
    --------------------------------
    MY03 Sonic Yellow Sedan

I've seen the Race Airleather (the one I have), and the Race Airleather/Aluminum, and they both had the same logo.
    Catalytic converters are for hippies.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.