Stereo guys, need some help...

This is a discussion on Stereo guys, need some help... within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have these two friends right, they are hell bent on one-upp'ing each other. It's basically all they have been ...

Stereo guys, need some help...

I have these two friends right, they are hell bent on one-upp'ing each other. It's basically all they have been doing since their childhood, and now they have cars...

Well, one of em has an 02 RSX Type-S and the other has an 03 V6 Mustang (Don't hate). My bud with the RSX just got a 12in. Diamond Audio MKI w/a Mepmphis 500D (500 rms). Now, my friend in the mustang feels like his two 10in. JL WO's are not enough and he is really wanting a W6 or W7. I am trying to explain to him that his body panels will fall off if he does this and it will be too loud (car is made of plastic) but whatever, I'm done trying to talk him out of it. Can anyone reccomend some very loud sub/amp configurations that will perform similarly to a W7? I have been looking around at some Audiobahn and others but don't want to talk him into something and then it sound like crap. Anyone have suggestions? The price range would be around $6-700 for both.

BTW, here's the car...
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/582306/3

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Does he have anything pushing the door speakers? Tell him to get a nice MB quartz setup with really good tweets and kill him with clarity. I'll take good clear sounding music over ridiculously loud base anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by HoSlappa
    Does he have anything pushing the door speakers? Tell him to get a nice MB quartz setup with really good tweets and kill him with clarity. I'll take good clear sounding music over ridiculously loud base anyday.
    Believe me, I've tried to convince him to get components and do agree with you 100%.

Unfortunately, he is not looking for clarity...all he wants is bass bass bass.

my friend is selling his w6 and custom box just for the w6 and amp for 800

We have found quite a few W7 plus amp configurations for under $700...

thats cool. just letting you know 1000 wat amp and custom box just for the w6. if you can find this setup for under 700 you better buy it quick. cuz thats a good deal

1,000 Watts is way too much for a W6...it will void the warranty.

The optimum power range for a W7 is 750-800...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW - $620 shipped
    Last edited by pputkowski; 03-29-2005 at 09:32 PM.