Factory Stereo Sucks

This is a discussion on Factory Stereo Sucks within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So how about some info on what to do with the stock tunes....Looking for the least expensive way to improve ...

Factory Stereo Sucks

So how about some info on what to do with the stock tunes....Looking for the least expensive way to improve the sound. I don't need a thumper, just a good clean cd sound that doesn't distort.....

Thanks

1) Scrap the whole thing?
    2) Replace speakers add amp?
    3) Just replace speakers?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I just commented on this in another post you made in another forum. Depends on how discriminating your ear is for audio.

IMO, the least I could have done to have at least decent sound would be to replace the HU and front speakers. I also happened to have an amp laying around, so I put that into the mix. I also wanted some bass (not thump), so I added the Basslink.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

t
    Talk to ej20fan ...shoot him a pm he'll hook you up.

Thanks...will look into your suggestions....

If it was me, I would go with #2: new speakers and amp. Lots of people are keeping their stock cd players (6 disc changer is def. nice to have) and modding the rest of the system with no probs. If you were only going to do one thing, i would get a decent amp for the stock speakers (30-50w per channel). Amps make speakers sing, and even a low-end dedicated amp will make cleaner power than your stock cd-player.
    In my civic, I was amazed at how much a Crossfire 35x2 amp added to the sound of the stock speaks. Good luck, do research.

how much you willing to spend on some nice speakers and amp?? what kind of music o you listen to ?? i mean before i got my wrx i had a crv with full system getting ready tp throw everythign out and upgrade.. actually i still have all my new audio ready to go into something.. hopefully my wrx.. but i can help you .. or possible get youa good deal with my audio installers at dealer price