Pics of XM Install on 05

This is a discussion on Pics of XM Install on 05 within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just finished installing a Roady 2 in my 05. Tried to do it as clean as possible, and I think ...

Pics of XM Install on 05

Just finished installing a Roady 2 in my 05. Tried to do it as clean as possible, and I think it came out pretty good. I got the FM Direct Adaptor and I spliced the power outlet it came with into the back of the stock outlet. Everything is tucked away behind the console, and secured in place (Can't stand any rattles in my car ). The attenna is mounted all the way towards the back of the roof, centered. The FM Adaptor sounds better than the wireless, and haven't heard any interference at all. So far, I am completely satisifed with XM, and of course, O&A. Posted some pics. Enjoy!

"I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." -- PG

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How bout those pics? Oh yeah, here they are.

"I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." -- PG

looks good i when i free up some cash i want to get that as well
    ASE Certified tech. Nissan Master Certified

2003 WRB Auto Wingless Wrx Turbo Timer
    Perrin Short Intake, Downpipe And CatBack. Waiting on the weather for install to cold.

1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Convertable 355Ci 423rwhp 593 ft/lbs tq Nice little play toy

Nice job.... and awsome channel!

How do you like the Boy's new show?
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

The new show sounds awesome, definitely heard a few good bits so far (The very first one I heard, as soon as I activated the radio, had 2 or 3 lesbians getting it on, while trying to teach Stalker Patty how to pleasure herself ). I thought it would take a while to catch up, but they are going away for two weeks, so I'll get to listen to the "Worst of ..." for a while, and get back in the groove. I'm so f'n psyched to be able to listen to them again. I just haven't heard any impressions by Anthony yet, looking forward to some of those.... Ron Reagan, Sean Connery, The QVC Guy, Chris Russo, etc.

Also, I see some people complaining about the music selection on XM. I gotta disagree, there is always something good to listen to, I couldn't be happier with my purchase and the service.

OK, TERRIFIC!

Got a few questions on how exactly I did the install. So I figured I'd just post an explaination.

O&A PARTY ROCK!!!

To remove the center dash, grab just below the shift knob (towards the back of the car, last part that is light silver)), and just pull up, it will pop right off. Uncrew the shift knob, and get that out of there. Keep popping the center console off carefully, but with force, it won't break (I think there are three snaps on each side). The very top is very stubborn, so I just took a flathead screwdriver and wrapped a t-shirt around it, wedge it between the crack (you'll see what I mean when it starts pulling off), and pop it off, it won't mark up the console at all. That's it, then I think it was 6 screws to take the stereo out.

The FM mod will plug into your stereo's antenna port, and both the car stereo antenna, and the xm antenna plugs go into the modulator. Then I just secured it right underneath the stock stereo. Done.

Use the power adaptor that comes with the FM Mod (basically a seperate cig lighter socket), and just splice the red and black wires into their respective counterparts of the stock cig lighter (behind the dash). Then plug in the power plug for the xm radio, and secure this anywhere you like.

I ran the two wires (power and antenna)not through the vents but between the crack of where the top of the dashboard (just below the vents) and the piece of the center console you just pulled off. When you hook everything up, just leave yourself 2 inches of wire out in the center of the console, and just snap the top part back into place. Works like a charm, and does not crush the wires at all, and it looks really clean too. You can see it in the 5th picture down , that the wires go in through the crack and come out right next to the mount.

I used the swivel mount that came with the roady II. I thought it would stick out too much but I really like the way it looks. I placed it right below the hazard lights button, centered. The tape is actually very strong, and it is holding up perfectly. Actually, I placed the swivel there first, without sticking it there, to get the exact length of wire I would need coming out of the dash, worked great, and looks great.

Just run the antenna under the center console, through the back seats, and out the trunk. Placed on the back of the roof, centered. I have not lost reception at all with the antenna there.