Installing XM
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Installing XM within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm having the Alpine XM head unit installed tomorrow. I'll let you know how it performs and looks. I would ...

Installing XM

I'm having the Alpine XM head unit installed tomorrow. I'll let you know how it performs and looks. I would rather have the antenna mounted in a more out of site location, but then that makes the satellite out of site and the reception will be very poor.

If anyone else has had this done, I'd be curious to hear your experience.
    Last edited by Just Be; 03-21-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Just Be
    I'm having the Alpine XM head unit installed tomorrow. I'll let you know how it performs and looks. I would rather have the antenna mounted in a more out of site location, but then that makes the satellite out of site and the reception will be very poor.

If anyone else has had this done, I'd be curious to hear your experience.
    i've got the alpine (9827), but bought the Sirius module instead. i have the antenna up top, but i also have a wagon. i don't really listen to regular FM much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Quack
    i don't really listen to regular FM much anymore.
    +1 XM rules Opie and Anthony channel 202
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

My Roady 2 is coming tomorrow. I'm basically getting XM solely for Opie & Anthony ("The big yellow one's the sun!"), and all the free baseball games. I'm going to try and do as clean an install as possible. I bought the FM modulator, so I can plug it directly into the stock stereo, instead of having the FM wireless. And I will also be hardwiring an accesory outlet behind my console for the power. Hopefully I will have no wires showing at all, I'll post pics in the next couple of days after it's done.
    "I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." -- PG

I just got my XM Alpine head unit and Infinity Basslink installed.

XM radio is amazing. The sound quality is better than I imagined. The color of the head unit is nearly an exact match with the dash.

The sub is great and exactly what I need. An all in one unit that provides great sound at a great price.

I highly recommend this set-up. Installed for just over $800 and that includes the wiring harnesses and antenna. I'll sell my stock head unit and sub to make some of it back.

It even sounds good with my stock, "upgraded" speakers. I'll change them out later, but for now I'm thrilled.

The antenna is so tiny and the reception only cuts out when under heavy tree shade. I can even get XM in my garage with the door open. The antenna is held on by a magnet not glue or sticker, so it can be moved for washing and waxing. Nice!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1030131.JPG   P1030134.JPG   P1030133.JPG   P1030132.JPG   P1030144.JPG  

Last edited by Just Be; 03-23-2005 at 12:42 PM.
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.