Boost Gauge Options Q
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Boost Gauge Options Q within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a question that I hope some of you can provide insight to. I bought my WRX without the ...

Question Boost Gauge Options Q

I have a question that I hope some of you can provide insight to.

I bought my WRX without the factory boost gauge because I didn't like that it was not in PSI.
    After looking around though, I can't seem to find anything better out there. I am trying to keep it as stock looking as possible so the 52-60 pillars are out, I don't want to cover my AC vents or clock.

I've considered buying an equal size gauge, that displays PSI to 20lbs, probably greddy but the 52 gauge looks larger then stock and I think it would be too large for the steering column location. Does anybody know the size of the stock gauge?

I'm also considering buying the APEXi Electronic boost controller since it has the gauge built into it. I figure that I'll be buying a boost controller for $80 + Boost Gauge for 180 I might as well just put up the few hundred extra for the EBC. I love the screen on it. I can also get the Apexi speed meter.
    I wind up with the same problem with the Apexi though without a suitable mounting spot to keep it stock-ish. I'm thinking that if I replace my stereo they can possibly mount underneath somehow, or if I can hire somebody to rig something up to replace my cupholder and that goofy thing next to it and make the a custom mount that slides out and up.
    Has anybody seen anything like this before?

What have other people done?

Thank You.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, I haven't put it in yet, but I bought an Auto Meter Phantom Boost Guage from JCWhitney and I plan on either putting it on the A-pillar with a custom mount or on the steering column with a custom mount. I didn't like the factory one- too small and those guage pods that go in the a-pillar don't fit right in a wagon, so I'm gonna go custom

I believe the stock boost gauge is much smaller than the 52mm gauge that you are looking at. 46mm sounds like a familiar number.

I went with a VDO gauge (52mm) in a VDO cup on the a-pillar and I love it! The best thing is the whole shebang cost me ~$65!
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

do you have a picture of your install. and was it hard to put the tubing through??? And where did you get it for $65??

www.summitracing.com.

I'll see if I can get some pics taken and post them up here... *no promises*
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

i just went to pep boys and picked up the boost gauge they had in stock..sunpro..i've never heard of the company too too much just a little but i slapped it in and it's great...i paide like 15 for it or somthign real cheap..i thought it was easy to install also. Some people here like to cut the vaccum hoses but i didn't i just picked up a real small like 1" long hose and put it on the nozzle an attached it to where the line would fit then on the other side i attached the stock hose and the middle of the T fitting i ran the boost hose that came with it. I have pic in my digital camera i'll upload them tonight. o yea before i forget it was simple to run the wire through the firewall. there is a whole right near the brake pedal and just drill a little whole in the rubber "cork" and you can run the hose through there...pics later to come..
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

If you need a turbo timer get the Blitz DTT dual timer. It also doubles as a digital boost gauge. Why not kill two birds with one stone. Turboevolution and Gruppe-S are having clearance on these babies.

O-wood, I have to agree with you about Aria Giovanni... she is really hot...
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

here is my setup
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jan03-08.jpg  
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

boost gauge
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jan03-15.jpg  
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

as seen through the wheel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jan03-14.jpg  
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by dookiebob
    O-wood, I have to agree with you about Aria Giovanni... she is really hot...
    Who could ever doubt her shagability
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ariawhtteeos009.jpg  

Originally posted by O-wood

wow just makes u wanna--------
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

outside the car look
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails jan03-06.jpg  
    -Ben-
    Spark it or Park it!

Originally posted by O-wood

Not I, not I...

although I would post "other" pics of her here if I could... you know, just to spread the love to all the other peeps on the forum...
    I am the Anti-rice.

TurboXS stage 4+ and much, much more...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast