just got my defi boost gauge and other goodie

This is a discussion on just got my defi boost gauge and other goodie within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well i just got the BF defi gauge and 3 gauge ATi center pod with Defi control unit II, now ...

just got my defi boost gauge and other goodie

Well i just got the BF defi gauge and 3 gauge ATi center pod with Defi control unit II, now i have no clue how to work or hook all this up.. i havent gotten them yet in the mail, but does anyone have a write up on how to install these, or are the instructions good?
    Last edited by WRXTwiztid; 03-17-2005 at 08:43 PM.
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

too excited to wait and find out
    Gearboxtech.com/TEAM EMOTION WRX

404whp 20psi 93oct

Quote Originally Posted by WRXTwiztid
    Well i just got the BF defi gauge and 3 gauge ATi center pod with Defi control unit II, now i have no clue how to work or hook all this up.. i havent gotten them yet in the mail, but does anyone have a write up on how to install these, or are the instructions good?
    im sure nasioc has a write up. maybe check with a local who has done it? or take it to a shop.

Which gauges did u get?.. i just installed defi boost andoil pressure gauges. the install is pretty straight forward.. there is a how-to on scoobymods for the two i installed plus the directions that come with them aren't bad. between those two resources it was easy.
    Last edited by topend; 03-20-2005 at 06:03 PM.

Just make sure you read the Defi instructions carefully. With the BF series, you have to connect the gauges to to the control port 2 or something like that if you want to be able to dim the gauges properly. Good luck.

I have the Defi BF gauge and it took me and my friend about an hour and a half to install. Read all of the instuctions (especially the wiring) very carefully before you do it. You connect the power wires to the clock powerlines, kinda like a piggyback. They give you a nifty little harness so you dont have to cut the wires

You will have to run the sensor wire through the hole in the firewall behind your clutch petal. A wire coat hanger is a good tool to run the wire through the engine compartment through the firewall.

also, for reference, here is where I tapped the boost line and placed the sensor. (on the side of the fuse box)

Last edited by hellafastWRX; 03-20-2005 at 07:42 PM.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

^My handy work^
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

Quote Originally Posted by WRXTwiztid

ask chee if we can do it at his house then order a pizza and throw down some money for beer.

Are you just going to run the boost gauge for now or are you planning on picking up some others?