Dynamat?

This is a discussion on Dynamat? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Yes or No? If Yes, how much to use and where. I hear the Dynamat weighs alot. I was going ...

Dynamat?

Yes or No? If Yes, how much to use and where.

I hear the Dynamat weighs alot.

I was going to do the doors and the trunk and I was told that could add 75 lbs. to the car. I heard of someone doing the entire car and added 200 lbs. and really wishes he hadn't.

I have an '05 WRX and my main problem is with road noise on the highway.
    Could be the stock tires. I don't know.

Has anyone found a good sound dampening solution without adding too much weight?
    Duplicolor, "Scratch Fix 2 in 1" Pewter met. #NG GM 490
    is a perfect match touch up paint for the stock (newer style) '05+ gun metal wheels.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can get the off-brand stuff like raamat, it is relatively light... 100 sq ft = 40lbs.

100sq ft is plenty to do the whole inside of your car and trunk excluding the headliner.

I'd also get a roll or two of closed-cell foam, it is relatively cheap and will help alot with reducing road noise. Oh and it weighs practically nothing.

Dynamat/Raamat won't do all that much for road noise, the foam does most of the work there. You'll definitely notice a difference if you do it extensively though, people say they notice a difference in my car versus a stock one. Tires probably have more of an effect on road noise overall. Somewhere on Nasioc, Rick from Raamaudio (guy who sells Raamat) has a really good write up on how to use it effectively.
    4 tires...a motor...a couple doors I think...I'd have to check.