NEED HELP NOW!!! oem audio wire colors
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on NEED HELP NOW!!! oem audio wire colors within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i need to know the oem wire colors for a 02 wrx. like which one is rear right and rear ...

Exclamation NEED HELP NOW!!! oem audio wire colors

i need to know the oem wire colors for a 02 wrx. like which one is rear right and rear left speakers kinda thing. plz help!!!!!!!
    fp18g = 315awhp 275tq.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Radio 12v, blue/red, +
    Radio Ground, black, -
    Radio Ignition yellow/green +
    Radio Illumination purple +
    LF Speaker +/- green - brown/white +,-
    RF Speaker +/- white/black - red/yellow +,-
    LR Speaker +/- red/black - white/red +,-
    RR Speaker +/- red/white - blue/yellow +,-

have fun with that sub. I'm guessing you're installing a Hi-lo. Save your money. most amps already have a hi-level/speaker level input.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

your so awsome.........but the high pass on this amp suck-didly ucks flanders, so i got a different one.
    fp18g = 315awhp 275tq.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    Hi-pass means higher frequencies. What amp. I can help. I used to manage Sound Waves , a custom shop, and am now a Roadshop Manager at Circuit. What are you trying to do.
    Those fools, EVO vs. STi??? That's like comparing ....wait a minute...there's no comparison. The Suby's still working!!! The evo...well... I hope he got the extended warranty.

i was just hooking up a high pass converter...or one of those things u splice off your rear speakers to make the RCA cables. but now i have a bigger problem my 6 disc changer doesnt work.. the radio, AM and FM works fine but no cd, tape or even eject or load buttons do anything. so i went up to subaru near the house and that chump didnt have a clue what i was talking about. im thinking that its just a fuse or something. but why would the radio work and not the cd player, why would they put one system on two fuses? im lost please help.
    fp18g = 315awhp 275tq.

Quote Originally Posted by sped
    i was just hooking up a high pass converter...or one of those things u splice off your rear speakers to make the RCA cables. but now i have a bigger problem my 6 disc changer doesnt work.. the radio, AM and FM works fine but no cd, tape or even eject or load buttons do anything. so i went up to subaru near the house and that chump didnt have a clue what i was talking about. im thinking that its just a fuse or something. but why would the radio work and not the cd player, why would they put one system on two fuses? im lost please help.
    Did you eject the cd's out when you pulled the radio? In dash changers like that can get jammed if the radio gets turned sideways when fully loaded.

If it was a fuse, the whole thing wouldn't work. If the unit went bad, you can probably find another wrx radio off ebay for 100 - 200 bucks. When my gf got her outback last year, she wanted tape and cd, and the dealership was talking about 600 bucks. I got on ebay and got an '02 wrx radio for 125, and it bolted and pluged right in

Or, you could just go to circuitcity.com and get a radio online. You can usually get a better deal than you can in the store, and still get free labor on installation if it's being offered.

T. Paul

Quote Originally Posted by T_rex_PAUL
    Did you eject the cd's out when you pulled the radio? In dash changers like that can get jammed if the radio gets turned sideways when fully loaded.

If it was a fuse, the whole thing wouldn't work. If the unit went bad, you can probably find another wrx radio off ebay for 100 - 200 bucks. When my gf got her outback last year, she wanted tape and cd, and the dealership was talking about 600 bucks. I got on ebay and got an '02 wrx radio for 125, and it bolted and pluged right in

Or, you could just go to circuitcity.com and get a radio online. You can usually get a better deal than you can in the store, and still get free labor on installation if it's being offered.

T. Paul
    Oh yeah, the 2 fuses thing. Your radio has a constant +12 wire (always has power), and a switched +12 wire (has power ins acc and run). The constant is to keep settings like clock and station memory, the switched allows the radio to turn off and on with the car.

T. Paul

yeah i didnt eject the cds.... but it when i pluged the power back in it sounded like it cycled though all of the dics. then it never worked again....your probly right about it jamming. ill have to take it apart.......
    fp18g = 315awhp 275tq.

ClubWRX.net Vendor
    I'm a manager at Circuit. Anything on the web site is offered at the same "if" not lower at the store. I kow some companies encourage online shopping, and give discount incentives. But CC does not. If the local store is charging more, they have to, by law as it's our low price guatantee, refund 110% the difference. They may not have everything that's on the web site at the store for obvious reasons. Then you can special order or drop ship at no charge.

In regards to the unit, sounds like something got rattled loose or jammed. Sorry to hear that bro. But your best bet is to look on ebay.

yeah i got a buddy thats a manager for circut too. so ill ask him what kinda deal we can work out....some time i pays to know lots of people, thanks for the help!
    fp18g = 315awhp 275tq.

dude take a 9 volt battery to each wire, the speaker thats pops belongs to that wire. Then get a volt tester "Sears" and figure out which wire is power/ground ect...ect..hope that works
    ~~~~~EL PENOSO~~~~~~

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.