Lost AM Reception
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lost AM Reception within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently had my windows tinted and lost all of my AM stations. Is there anything I can do to ...

Lost AM Reception

I recently had my windows tinted and lost all of my AM stations. Is there anything I can do to get the channels back. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What year car (actual question is: where is your aerial located, on the outside of the car by the driver's pillar or embedded in the windshield?).

Did you put a "bar" or tint along the windshield's endge?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The antenna is located in the windshield. 2005 WRX STI.

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you tint a strip over it?
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I read that some tint has metal particles in it. That would effect the radio reception. You can always get an aftermarket radio antenna.
    Mustang, 2002, Silver, GT, 5 SP
    View My Members Page

I think the antenna is in the rear glass, which has tint over it now. What about an AM Booster cable or something like that. Appreciate your help. Brick

I Support ClubWRX
    You could try amplifying the antenna, but one likely problem is that you will amplify the noise indiscrimminately (sp?) as well. So you could either try that, relocate the antenna, or fix the tint issue at this point.

I heard that only metallic tint will ruin your am reception, that regular tint wont effect it. just what i heard though.
    Josh
    '04 WRX
    PM me about Porting and Polishing!
    www.grimmspeed.com
    www.mnsubaru.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.