Where to Buy Stock Armrest and other stock parts???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Where to Buy Stock Armrest and other stock parts??? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've serached the forums, and couldn't really find anything, but does anyone know a good vendor.... BESIDES A DEALERSHIP, to ...

Where to Buy Stock Armrest and other stock parts???

I've serached the forums, and couldn't really find anything, but does anyone know a good vendor.... BESIDES A DEALERSHIP, to but the stock armrest for an 05 WRX? I can't stand the armrest extension that I got with the car, and for the ginormous size of the thing, it barely has any storage space. That and my long arms make it a bit uncomfortable during certain driving situations.

I've gone to plenty of Subaru parts sites, but it seems like all they sell is the armrest extension. All I want to do is not buy it at a jacked up price from my dealer, and install it myself. Thanks for the help guys.

P.S. Any recommended OEM vendor sites would be greatly appreciated.
    "I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." -- PG

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    subaruwrxparts.com i bet if you email them if you dont see the regular armrest, they could order it for you. They are a subaru dealership and really nice to work with. Bought a bunch of things from them.
    Uncle Lewie
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

I just looked, and they didn't have the original listed, so I will just shoot them an e-mail and see what they say. Otherwise, it looked like a really good site, lots of other good stuff. Thanks for the tip Uncle Lewie!
    "I got an idea... an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about." -- PG

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought that the armrest extension was installed between the console and the flip-up cover. If the screw holes match up, you could just take the extension off and move the cover back to the console.
    Gilligan

Quote Originally Posted by GilliganLQ
    I'm not 100% sure, but I thought that the armrest extension was installed between the console and the flip-up cover. If the screw holes match up, you could just take the extension off and move the cover back to the console.

Can someone verify this? I have a armrest extension that has a tear in the cover and don't want to buy a whole kit if I can just buy the stock one to replace it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mod...category=930-1

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.subaruparts.com/diag/?mo...&category=930-1
    Today 09:29 AM
    That would be it, but that is for the 2002 model. I doubt the armest is that much different from an 05, but you never know. I may just give them a ring, and see what they have. I e-mailed subaruwrxparts.com about it, but I have not gotten a response. Thanks for the info Trainrex.

I will test to see if the extension between the cover and console can just be removed, after I get home from work. Seems pretty logical to me. Thanks for the help guys.

02 Thru 04 are the same, 05 has a different center console and arm rsst extension.

02 Thru 04 are the same, 05 has a different center console and arm rsst extension.
    That's what I figured. Reading the forums, it seems like the 05 extension is a bit larger than what they used to be. Sounds like I would have like the old extension a lot better than the new one.

I just checked out the armrest during lunch. You CAN'T just remove the extension part and use that cover. The spacing on the console part (where the extension hinge screws in) is about a half inch wider than the spacing where the cover hinge fits on the extension part. Subaruwrxparts has the stock cover for about $20.... seems like that is the only option.

there's a salvage yard that sells interior WRX parts all the time on ebay (well all kinds of salvaged WRX parts...doors, trunks, entire rear/front ends). I've seen entire center consoles from ashtray to storage compartment for under $50. Just keep an eye out on ebay.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.