changed my cluster lights to rrrred
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on changed my cluster lights to rrrred within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; worked on it all day today...quite a tedious process, but the result is quite nice. i wish my camera took ...

changed my cluster lights to rrrred

worked on it all day today...quite a tedious process, but the result is quite nice. i wish my camera took better dark pics, its actually much redder (more red?) in person. there is kind of a red splotch in the area between my temp and fuel gauge cuz i had to sand that area quite a bit cuz the middle part of those gauges and the fuel and temp symbols are the hardest to get to its not TOO noticable tho. for the rest of it tho i just used nail polish remover and q-tips. Tomorrow im gonna do the boost gauge and my radio/hvac
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM000999.JPG  
    Last edited by IDAFC21; 03-12-2005 at 08:41 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i remember when i did that...i ****ed my gauges up though cause i took the needles off

then i bought the STI cluster
    FP Green STi

That looks great
    Is that a factory boost gauge turned blue...how'd ya do that if it is?
    Also, what method did you use for the red? I've read a few different.
    Thanks in advance

thanks, thats just the stock guage, it turned out blue in the pic but its really white in person.

and i just did my radio/hvac and boost gauge today

i'll take pics of those later on when it gets dark out

for the red i just used red bulb covers. if you go to NASIOC do a search for "gauge cluster bulbs" and look for a thread by Trunk Monkey. he has how-tos for everything.

now....if i could just figure out how to get to the foglight/cruise buttons.....

How'd you do the boost gauge? Also, there's a link somewhere on here to do the foglight/cruise button (I did it, not very hard) but I can't find it, I'll keep looking.
    Can't wait to see the pics.

I see on the thread from NASIOC he says you need 2 different sized bulb condoms, what do you need 2 different sizes for and what goes where?
    Thanks

the boost gauge is easy. actually someone posted a little how to for that on page 2 of trunk monkeys gauge cluster thread on nasioc. all you really need are a couple flat head screwdrivers to pry it out of the pod, mine came out pretty easy.

the 2 different sizes are cuz theres 2 different size bulbs you'll be working with. you'll know which size you need for which bulb when you get em out

btw, where near chicago are you? I used to live in Elgin

Thanks a bunch, I did the HVAC controls and they were all the same size, so I didn't know about that. My car's in the shop right now, can't wait to get it back to do em though. I'm definitely intimidated by the needles, but seems like it'll be ok.
    I'm in Orland Park, about 30 miles SW of Chicago.

and here they are. they turned out really great, im very happy w/ em. im sorry for the blurry shots. like i said, my camera takes crappy night shots. i tried to hold my hands still as much as i could. haha. and the boost gauge may look a little purplish in the pics, but its actually the same color red as everything else...just always comes out different in pics for some reason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IM000005.JPG   IM000006.JPG   IM000003.JPG  

Looks cool! I wish I had the time and/or desire!
    Mine: '05 PSM WRX 5MT Sport Wagon, Cobb AP
    Wife's: '05 SRR 2.5RS 5MT Sport Wagon

The Knack. It's a rare condition characterized by an extreme intuition about all things mechanical and electrical ... and utter social ineptitude.

haha, thanks. the boost gauge, radio and a hvac took almost no time at all. the worst part was the gauge cluster, trying to get the green film off the back of them. and even then it wasnt really HARD, just time consuming

Which method did you guys use?

wha? whatchu talkin bout. what method did i use to get the green film off the gauges? nail polish remover and q-tips work quite well. takes awhile, but i think its cleaner than sanding, and the nail polish fumes are funner to breathe than dust the only part i had to sand was the middle part of the fuel/temp lines, and the fuel/temp icons, cuz i couldnt really get a q-tip in there that well. you can only bend the gauges so much. dont be afraid to bend em tho, they're pretty resiliant. i also cut the speedo/tach apart, cuz its under the bezel anyways, and makes it easier to get those sides

how do you do the AC/radios. I have a 05
    LISC #1
    05 STi - 300whp 331wtq 1/4 - 12.7 @107.4 (SOLD)
    06 Evo IX 370whp 386wtq (Under Construction)

man id really really like to do that...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast