changed my cluster lights to rrrred - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on changed my cluster lights to rrrred within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by STiguy how do you do the AC/radios. I have a 05 heres the guide i used for ...

Quote Originally Posted by STiguy
    how do you do the AC/radios. I have a 05

heres the guide i used for my radio/hvac. im not sure how different it'd be for an 05...id imagine the hvac would essentially be the same, tho im not sure if the radio is any different. it may look different, but maybe internally its setup the same...i really dont know. take a look at this. if you're brave enough to open up the radio you can compare em to his shots and see how similar they are

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...+cluster+bulbs

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Once again, your car looks great. I can't keep up with you. I wish I had that much time on my hands lol. Are you going to change that little green clock on the dash too? It tends to stand out more.
    2005 CGM STi

haha, oh but youre wrong. you have the sti spoiler, grill, and oem lips..all of which i want, and are in my future plans...but other things will come first once i get some money again ::COUGHturboCOUGH:: gotta do somthing about my rims too. i was thinking of painting my stockers gold until i feel it worth my money to get different ones. those will come at the end of the line tho.

anyways, about the clock. ive heard of people trying to color the glass red. but that never really turns out great. it looks alright at night, but during the day its too dark to read. so whatever, i'll leave that as it is. i'll be getting a gauge pod and guages in there eventually anyways. same thing w/ the odometer/trip meter display on the cluster. if you put red covers over the bulb behind that one, it just gets dark and doesnt even look lit up (even at night) so that'll stay green too. it doesnt bother me. not EVERYTHING has to be red

thanks again

looks pretty sweet
    05 STI

Speed Comes At A Price...How Fast Can You Afford To Go?

Those gauges all look hot, red is the way to go. Looks like I gotta find the time to do that now, I hate the green.

Quote Originally Posted by IDAFC21
    haha, oh but youre wrong. you have the sti spoiler, grill, and oem lips..all of which i want, and are in my future plans...but other things will come first once i get some money again ::COUGHturboCOUGH:: gotta do somthing about my rims too. i was thinking of painting my stockers gold until i feel it worth my money to get different ones. those will come at the end of the line tho.

anyways, about the clock. ive heard of people trying to color the glass red. but that never really turns out great. it looks alright at night, but during the day its too dark to read. so whatever, i'll leave that as it is. i'll be getting a gauge pod and guages in there eventually anyways. same thing w/ the odometer/trip meter display on the cluster. if you put red covers over the bulb behind that one, it just gets dark and doesnt even look lit up (even at night) so that'll stay green too. it doesnt bother me. not EVERYTHING has to be red

thanks again
    Yeah man I hear you on the money part. Right now I'm basically all show and no go lol... I need to get an up pipe/down pipe combo and some type of engine management. A bigger turbo would be nice too, but I just don't have the funds right now. Your interior still looks awesome green clock or not. What kind of gauges are you looking at getting?
    2005 CGM STi

what brand of gauges or what type? i kinda like the location of the stock guage so i was thinking of getting th omori 45mm to stuff in there. then get a center pod w/ an egt, oil pressure, and.....i dont know, since my boost gauge will be on my column still. i was thinking a volt gauge cuz the way batteries die in the heat out here it might give me a little warning before it actually goes. so that would pretty much limit my options to autometer, cuz i dont know of another company that makes volt gauges...unless theres some other important guage i could put in there instead. dont know what else i'd need tho

looks alot better!
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Looks good man I like the red !

thanks!

does anyone know if the milage is stored on the cluster or the ECU? I was thinking of buying a used cluster on Ebay to mess with...if I break it, oh well if I succeed, I'll replace mine and sell it on Ebay. The only thing I'm not sure about is if the cluster will have the milage from the donor car or my own?
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

its stored in the cluster

Quote Originally Posted by IDAFC21
    its stored in the cluster
    dammit....and probably can't be modified...because that could cause all sorts of fraud problems. hmph.
    go f*** yourself

only if you plan on selling the car some day

hmmm...what about moving the milage counter to the new cluster?
    go f*** yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.