Custom Sub Enclosure
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Custom Sub Enclosure within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I plan on gettin the WRX in the future. Instead of going w/ the normal box in the trunk subs, ...

Custom Sub Enclosure

I plan on gettin the WRX in the future. Instead of going w/ the normal box in the trunk subs, i wanted something a little more custom. I was thinking about cuting out circles from the rear sill behind the seats. 2 12" subs would be perfect but i dont know how well the subs would do in there. Would they produce any sound?? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hey Adampops,

Do you mean like a free-air setup? Not sure how that would sound if that's what your talking about.
    You should checkout http://www.subee-sound.com. I'm not sure how much bass your lookin to produce but I like the trunk corner they have for 1 10" sub. They do have a version for the new age wrx but it's not listed on his site yet. You can email them for more info.
    They also have other cool setup's.

Hope this helps

I am in the process of making a custom enclosure to fit in the pass-thru it will be a JL 8W3V2. I made two boxes since I had left over MDF. Here is a pic before I add the carpet. I am going to put black foam of front to match the interior and grey carpet on back to match the trunk. Let me know if your interested in the second one.

C-

churcomb@attbi.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 3.jpg  

Check these guys out too...

Nice place for custom sub enclosures for the tirewell.

http://www.subarusound.com

here is my trunk, lost a lot of room but oh well, LOUD as hell, its 3 JL 10w3s ported throught the rear deck
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trunk3.jpg  

another pic
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails trunk4.jpg  

EVIL- That is EXACTLY what i want to do?? I think i would go w/ the new 10w6v2, or 12w6v2, i think they are v2? Isnt that the new kind JL makes. Anyways, how was it done??, Did they just put a box there that fits the trunk, or totally custom?? Thanks very much.

it is totally custom, it was really hard to fit 3 10s into it, it is a custom box that is ported through the rear deck, so ALL the sound in coming into the car, sounds the same with trunk open or closed, if you want i take more pics like of the upped deck and if you REALLY want me too i will pull the back seat out so you can see the back of the box and how it is and everything, anyway let me know

If you would go ahead and post the pics of the rear deck that would be really cool that is a really nice setup

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.