Has anybody removed the stock stereo on an 05?

This is a discussion on Has anybody removed the stock stereo on an 05? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have searched everywhere (here, scoobymods, i-club- nasiac, ...) but I can not seem to find instructions on who to ...

Has anybody removed the stock stereo on an 05?

I have searched everywhere (here, scoobymods, i-club- nasiac, ...) but I can not seem to find instructions on who to remove the trim around the stock stereo. I want to install my alpine deck but I can not figure our how to remove the stereo/AC trim and I don't want to just randomly try stuff and potentially ruin my new car. All the DIY's I found are for 02 - 04, which won't work because it has been redesigned for the 05 due to the Automatic climate control. Can somebody please help me out and either provide instructions (preferibly with pictures) or guidance? Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just installed an Alpine CDA-9833 in my '05 last weekend. No pics but here's a brief explanation.

First, grasp the shifter trim in the back (2nd/4th gear) and pull gently up and back. It will snap right off.

Now, look at the exposed console area. There are 2 screws at the bottom of the HVAC/Radio trim, remove both of them. The rest of the trim is held on by clips. Pull back gently to remove the 2 middle clips, just above the AC dials.

The other two are at the top corners and feel as if they won't come loose. They will! Best way I found is to take a farely large screwdriver and wrap in w/ a soft cloth, then just get behind the trim as far up into the corners as possible and gently pull and pry at the same time. It will come off!

The radio is held in by 6 screws. It's pretty self-explanatory after that. Hope that helped.
    2005 WRB Pearl WRX
    RIP - 12/21/04 - 2004 Nissan Spec-V

That definitly helps a lot. Thank you for providing me that info.

even though it's for an rs.. it should be the same