What range do I need for my Gauges?

This is a discussion on What range do I need for my Gauges? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am looking to install an oil pressure and oil temp gauge on MY05 WRX but I do not know ...

Question What range do I need for my Gauges?

I am looking to install an oil pressure and oil temp gauge on MY05 WRX but I do not know what ranges to get for the gauges? For the oil temp gauge is 100 F - 250 F range enough or do I go with 140 F - 300 F? Also for the oil pressure 0-100 PSI, 0-150 PSI or 0-200 PSI. Is it better to just get the bigger ranged gauges? If I install this myself, does that void my warranty? I am new at this and any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sipost
    I am looking to install an oil pressure and oil temp gauge on MY05 WRX but I do not know what ranges to get for the gauges? For the oil temp gauge is 100 F - 250 F range enough or do I go with 140 F - 300 F? Also for the oil pressure 0-100 PSI, 0-150 PSI or 0-200 PSI. Is it better to just get the bigger ranged gauges? If I install this myself, does that void my warranty? I am new at this and any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

supposibly gauges void your warranty but most subaru dealerships dont care. if one does give you crap over your gauges, go to another one.
    your oil temp shouldnt go higher than 250 degrees, if it does, u are in trouble! on a C17 jet engine, our oil normally sits around 120 degrees to 140 degrees. im not 100% sure what is in a car so im sure it could be in the same range or a bit lower. im gonna buy an oil temp gauge for my car along with an A/F meter. for oil pressure, just use a 0-150 range!

You can actually use a 0-100 range gauge for the oil pressure. It will peg on start-up, but once it gets warmed up it should sit at right around 88 at cruise and like 37 when idling.
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods