How do you clean your seats?

This is a discussion on How do you clean your seats? within the Interior Mods forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a big, drooly pup who loves to go on car rides. As a result, he's left behind some ...

How do you clean your seats?

I have a big, drooly pup who loves to go on car rides. As a result, he's left behind some spots which I'd like to get cleaned out. What kind of cleaner do you guys use?
    J
    2004 WRX PSM Wagon
    Mesh hood scoop and grille

2005 Kawasaki Ti 636

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I use the CarpetSpot (forgot the name) spray which is pretty heavy duty and safe. Might want to spray some Febreeze or some of freshner to get rid of the stank.
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

I have a similar issue..... 2 kids, one of which puked in the car LOL I also have salt stains on the floor from the winter, I'm gonna dish out $100.00 and take it to the detail shop I think, they do a great job.

M

Quote Originally Posted by NopWRX
    I use the CarpetSpot (forgot the name) spray which is pretty heavy duty and safe. Might want to spray some Febreeze or some of freshner to get rid of the stank.
    when i get my car, during this month, i will need some strong clearner. i work in a deli and when i get out i STANK of provolone cheese. will febreeze that the odor out of the car or not?
    2005 WRX
    UTEC Stage 2 (Catless)

250.02 WHP
    249.27 WTQ
    Junior Tuned

I was being sarcastic about the Febreeze but there's this foam carpet freshener that I used in my car and it still smells good after months. I forgot what the name was but it's a foam type.
    2002 WRX COBB Stage 2.5

2003 Infiniti FX45

To keep the mess off the seats, I bought a car seat saver from www.duluthtrading.com for $39. It's a fabric hammock with straps that fit around the front and rear headrests. Ive tested this product with 2 golden retrivers in my rex wagon and it contains 90% of the mess.

i use a spray bottle of dish soap and water and mist it onto the seat then brush it with a stiff brush.

Quote Originally Posted by KoreanBeefcake
    i use a spray bottle of dish soap and water and mist it onto the seat then brush it with a stiff brush.
    I read at Autopia about people doing similar things. Using 6:1 ratio of Woolite and water to clean the upholstry. I'll give this a go this weekend.

Thanks for all the good tips guys!
    J
    2004 WRX PSM Wagon
    Mesh hood scoop and grille

2005 Kawasaki Ti 636

I Support ClubWRX
    TuffStuff and a brush
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*